Chapter 6:

It was around midnight and Abby was sleeping in the guest room. But she was unable to fall asleep, so she looked over to see Danny next to her bed, sleeping on the pullout bed. Danny didn't want his new sister to sleep by herself. So she carefully got up and walked out of the room quietly, not wanting to wake Danny up. Anyway, she walks down the hall and down the stairs. She saw the glow of the TV and saw Dylan watching football until he looked over to see her coming down the stairs. "Sorry, I'll just.." Abby mutters.

"No, it's ok." Dylan spoke. "Do you need anything? Are you ok?"

Abby slowly walks in, shrugging her shoulders.

"To be honest...I just...I don't know." She said.

Dylan let out a sigh and stood up.

"Listen Abby," He started. "I know what you're going through."

Abby looked up at him.

"You do?" She asked.

Dylan nods.

"But my old man actually loved me and Danny's uncles, Aunts and my mother." He adds. "When I was 6, he got really better."

Abby looks at the floor and sits on the couch.

"Look Abby, what I'm trying to say is that..." He started. "That my dad, Danny's grandfather, was a lot more of a man than yours. Abby, he knew what he was doing was awful and horrible."

Abby looks up at him.

"D-Danny told me that he suffered horrific abuse as a kid." She spoke softly.

Dylan nods.

"He did, but he had my grandmother and my Uncles to look out for him." He adds.

Abby lets out a sigh.

"Just like my son and my Godsons looked out for you and saved you." Dylan smiled.

Abby looked up and smiled a little.

"They are the nicest." She smiled.

"The greatest." Dylan adds.

He sits down next to her.

"Uncle Robert is going to make sure that your father will never ever get out again." He told her. "We'll all never ever let that happen."

"Thanks, Mr. Zuko." She smiled.

"Anytime kiddo." He said, kissing her head.

Dylan wrapped his arm around her shoulder, Abby had never felt safe in a man's arm, but this was Danny's father who was a complete opposite of her own father.