thirty-three

º º º º º º

Waking up to a half naked Hallie wrapped around my body wasn't something I would ever complain about, but a half naked Hallie and a snoring pit bull who thought she was about seventy-five pounds lighter than she actually was...that was something I'd opt out for in the future. After squeezing myself out from in-between the two of them, I went to the kitchen and pulled out all the non-perishable ingredients from the cupboards and fridge. There certainly wasn't much, but I was able to scrap up two bowls of oatmeal and as I put the heated bowls on the kitchen table, I heard the sound of nails against the floor and then two sleepyheads came in. Hallie opened the backyard door for Penny and then closed it again, walking straight into my arms. "Sleep well?" She only nodded against my chest and I kissed her slightly matted bedhead.

"Why am I up right now...and why are you up and why are we not sleeping?"

"Cause we've got to get to the O2, monkey."

"When?"

"V'got to leave in about twenty minutes, so eat your breakfast." She grumbled as I pulled her over to the table and sat her down

"Why?"

"Cause you need to eat."

"No, why do we have to leave in twenty minutes?"

"Cause if m'late I'll get in trouble...m'always late, so can't be late. 'Specially if you and the pup are comin'."

"Do you want us to just stay here then?"

"No, I want you to come."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Hallie. M'very sure." She pushed her bowl away. "Besides, m'not gonna be able to see you much this week, we'll be really busy, okay?"

"Okay. This doesn't taste very good." I took the spoon from her and tasted it, sure enough, it absolutely did not taste even remotely good.

"We're going to have to pick up some things, but I'll get you a bite on the way to the arena, yeah?"

"Okay."

"Not very chatty this morning, are we?"

"Tired."

"Hm, well go on and get that cute bum in the shower, it'll wake you right up."

"I don't want to shower."

"Hallie, jesus, please shower. You haven't seen the lads in a while, d'you really want to be stinky when you do?"

"I'm not stinky..." She lifted up her arm and sniffed in before scrunching up her nose. "Okay, fine. I'll shower."

"That's my girl."

"How do you put up with me?" I poked her cheek with the tip of my finger.

"I love you, that's how. Now go." I watched her bum sway back and forth as she sauntered out of the kitchen and down the hall, then I let Penny in and filled her bowl with food. She guzzled it all up within seconds and then she was attempting to climb into my lap and I was being slobbered with kisses.

º º º

"You are very grumpy this morning, monkey." I looked over at Hallie and she had a seemingly permanent scowl on her face. She just shrugged. "Hey..." I tilted her chin up with my fingers. "Can I please get a smile?" Her eyes lit up and she pointed to something out the window.

"McDonalds!!!" I tapped Mark on the shoulder but he was already pulling into the drive-thru.

"Thanks, mate."