✧ 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 ─ ❝ 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 ❞

CW (content warning) : shadows amidst snowstorm spoilers, hints of kidnapping

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝒓𝒖𝒃𝒆𝒅𝒐 𝒙 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒙 𝒂𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒅𝒐

All you could feel was the the freezing cold hit against your body as you walked amongst the snowy path of dragonspine. It was a place that was unfamiliar to you, only to being given two warming bottles and some goulash before you would be sent off to the mountains (little to no experience whatsoever). The reason why you'd exactly go there wasn't to strange - due to the fact that you would usually run errands - but it was still somewhat off to say the very least as the commissioner in question wasn't someone you would expect.

The commission was quite simple, but it's also difficult to a slightly certain degree for the area was still deemed dangerous and required a lot of equipment and bunches of courage to even withstand the harsh climate. Though whatever the case was, you are a good adventurer who'll always assists those who may need your help, right?

Taking another small glance at the stained and crumpled letter that was given to you from that of Katheryne, hesitantly gulping the cold air as you could only drape and wrap the winter coat over your body for warmth whilst you read the peice of paper in your hand:

Please to whoever may read this letter,

I hope this does not seem much of a hassle for you, though I do require a few things for that of an experiment I am currently working on at the moment. Speaking of these specimens, I mainly need some mist flower corolla and also cecilias too. Visit my camp at dragonspine I recommend following the wooden path so you won't get lost on your way there. On the other hand, thank you for your help, it's very much appreciated.

From k·Albedo

Looking back up as you continue making your way to his camp, you only became startled as you feel yourself bump into something or even maybe someone. It felt somewhat firm, but the feeling of fabric only lead you to speculate that it was in fact someone you had the misfortune to accidentally bump into. Lifting your head up as you move away from them, your eyes would widen in suprise as you notice it was the chief alchemist of the knights. All you could do was stutter out out slightly, "my apologies albedo, I didn't really expect to see you around here, but I got the things you needed from the commission you made"

Smiling up at him as you only try to regain your composure as from earlier as you hand would reach into the bag, carefully and gently taking the neatly wrapped package out as you pass it to him. Accepting the materials you gave him,
That of a small smile crosses his lips as he'd look at you, it almost felt strange and unusual. You never remembered him have that "smile" before, in fact, you don't remember him acting like this at all!

"Thank you Y/n, oh and now that I remember it, I may need your assistance specifically now that I think about it. Would you mind following me?" His voice was almost hypnotizing, how could you possibly reject such an opportunity to help albedo with his research?!

"Of course! It would be such an honour to assist you with your research" you seemed somehow ecstatic at the offer, you didn't even realize the terrible mistake you made would turn into that of a nightmare - a mistake - in the long run of your mortal existence. You could of used that little mind of yours to notice the small hidden things, yet you still didn't.

Albedo would still have that small smile on his lips as of you both start to draw more far away from the initial destination, heading to a place that felt eerie and almost energy draining while feeling more fatigued than before. The ground was stained with red and you could hear that of thumping near an entrance of a cavern, you almost felt your spine shiver slightly from fear. You would be hesitant to enter the cave but his gaze never left you, his hand placed itself onto your back whilst ushering you inside the cave.

You could tiredness overwhelm you more as you'd feel the energy leave your now weak like body, collapsing into albedo's arms as you look at the large beating heart in the near center of the cave. Your mind couldn't process much as you would hear a soft familiar chuckle coming from albedo's lips, yet as you look up at him he didn't seem to make a peep as he looks down at you with a calm smile. Unbeknownst to you, you didn't realize another figure would appear from the shadows.

"Well done ruby, it seems that you were capable enough to actually lure them here. Hm, human life always seems to somewhat intrigue me in the strangest of ways"

"Indeed, they are quite naive don't you think? My dear brother?" The suprised look you'd have on your face only made them stare down at you in amusement. Both of them looked completely the same to one another as it would only make you question everything, starting to feel that of a gloved hand start to caress your cheek.

"It seems you are suprised, but don't worry my fear he won't hurt you at all" his other hand only pulls onto your chest as the other albedo - or seemingly ruby that the real albedo calls him - Would let out an annoyed growl from how he watches the other experiment pull you close to them.

"Albedo you promised you would share them! Are you trying to break the deal we both made, or are you trying to be selfish"

"Don't be so over dramatic ruby. Of course I will share them with you, but let's just continue with the experiment. Do you have those mist flower corolla and cecilias I asked for?"