✧ 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 ─ ❝ 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓(𝒔) 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒇𝒂𝒓 ❞

CW (content warning) : slight honkai impact 3rd spoilers (?), Manipulation, hints of Stockholm syndrome

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝒂𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒙 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓 / 𝒅𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓 ! 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓

Having to become a dimension traveler wasn't the easiest for you to completely handle, at least that's what you thought.

After the incident where the honkai caused a great calamity to your beloved world, it was your decision to become a dimension traveller to find a place to make a new life, with the disadvantages of having to abandon being a valkyrie. Even if all the times and efforts of attempting to get your hands on the imaginary tree were hard, you managed to gain access to its power as you began your search. And here you are now! In a place very unknown to you and the only things you have is a bag with your belongings and a singular communication device.

"Mei, RAIDEN MEI!! C'mon please pick up..." Your voice was only filled with that of defeat as you didn't seem to receive any reply through the small ear piece, until a sound of sneering became deafening in your ear.

The screeching sound seemed to become less loud as a voice spoke, familiar yet almost strange sounding (possibly from how far the connection was), "apologize, y/n. I just didn't think you would really end up well 'here' out of all places"

As you hear her voice, your eyes start to wonder off while admiring the beautiful-like view; it was more colourful compared to the more chaotic scenery you have grown used to, forgetting what your home use to look like.

Though you continued to daze off aimlessly to no end, you could hear the voice once again as the connection seem to soon disappear before you could answer her and say goodbye.

"y/n, just stay safe whilst your there and stay out of any sort of danger or threat you might find"

'i assume I'm now on my own now...' you sigh to yourself quietly whilst you begin to walk along the grass that was beneath you, almost paying no mind to the new environment. It's strange obviously yet almost new and fresh that you found it almost comforting slightly, but you can't think like this for long to your dismay. You could encounter anything that might be a harm you, maybe even a herrscher-!

*Thud*

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't seem to see you there, are you alright?" opening your eyes slowly from the sudden fall, you avert your gaze up to look up at the male who looked at you worried.

While you observed him for a moment, his amber eyes looking down at you as his long, braided hair swayed in the wind, he looked strange but somewhat "familiar" though you couldn't completely put your finger on why. (maybe the blonde hair, perhaps?)

What are you thinking?! Have you begun to overthinking more ever since you decided to become a traveller? That couldn't be true, at least that's what you had tried to believe.

Rubbing your head with the palm of your hand, you look at the boy who continue to stare at you with worry before you hesitantly nod your head in reply. With a small sigh of relief he, smiles sweetly before helping you up onto your feet while asking you, "I've never seen you before, what's your name?"

"Oh, OH right! I'm y/n, it's nice to meet you... Um"

Out of the blue, you suddenly get cut of the boy as he continued to smile at you, even if you had never met before, "You can just call me aether"

He wouldn't cause much harm, he wont pose much of a threat, right? It's clearly impossible for him to even be similar to Otto. Once you think about it more, he didn't even have any similarities to him at all excluding the fact he has blonde hair. Then why are you acting like this...?

Ugh, your not even in your home world now! Just stop thinking about Otto, besides he will never cause you any worries anymore with all the experiments he had tested to revive his loved one.

taking a deep breath, you smile at the seemingly young boy, soon noticing the sun set in which aether releases along with you.

"It seems it's turning really dark... Since you don't seem to have a place to stay I guess I can let you stay in the Serenitea pot"

"Sereni- pot what now?" Looking at him, you raise an eyebrow at the rather confusing sentence.

"Don't worry, besides I'm sure its best for you to find somewhere comfortable to stay instead of having to camp outside. Here take my hand" he leaned you his hand once more which you hesitantly take. What a weird encounter....

.

Though you had barely stayed in "teyvat" for a week now, you seemed to get along with the traveller suprisingly well than you had thought in the first place. Relating to the fact you had travelled to world(s) as you both tried to find a place to finally live in after the destruction of your own.

Often, he would let you meet some of his friends, including his (non) edible companion, which was quite an experience since some did look similar to the ones you are more familiar with. Even if that was the case, you have seem to grow more used to everything that was around you and how they worked.

As you peacefully wrote inside the book that you had brought with you since day one, the sound of the door creaking open was audible before you see aether standing close to the door. Approaching you slowly, he sat on your bed besides you while the same smile he had the same smile he always had around you.

"Y/n I want to tell you something"

Looking at him you simply nod again before you ask, "what do you want to tell me aether?"

His gaze soon averts away from yours as he looks away from you for a small moment, leaning slightly against the bed as he uses his arms for support. His voice became slightly more distant than it usually was as he turn his head to the side to look at you, "i don't think you should continue adventuring with me and paimon anymore"

You could instantly feel your heart sink as you stop writing in you note book, the ink slowly spreading from the pen unable to answer.

"But w-why? I'm capable enough of defending myself you know this!" As you look at him, you could somehow feel tears welling up in your eyes. Soon, you could feel a gloved hand against your cheek as aether pulled you flush against his chest, "I'd never think of you as useless, but this world is to dangerous for you that you will never understand"

breathing out, he looks down at your broken form as before kissing your forehead as he whispers comforting to you, "I know you want to travel along side me, yet I don't want you to get hurt by anything else than you already have"

Why were you believing him? Maybe he was really was telling the truth since he would never lie to you if he had truly meant it.

"Y/n don't worry, I only tell you this because I have seen the truth of this world. We don't want you to get hurt, don't we?"

Who would know one of the strongest ex valkyries would fall into a trap like this. He was almost hipnotizing and at this point, you would start to believe that you needed him and only him