✧ 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕 ─ ❝ 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒐𝒘 ❞

CW (content warning) : mentions of abuse and possible gaslighting, mentions of slight suicide, hints of death, angst but w/ lots of comfort <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝒅𝒊𝒍𝒖𝒄 𝒙 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓
(𝒎𝒐𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒏 𝒂𝒖)

'How am I still alive, why am I still alive if I can't even protect myself anymore?'

All the innocence you once had was now stripped away from you as you quietly sob to yourself, sitting inside your isolated bathroom while cradling your weak body. Sounds of water trickled softly was comforting, but it wasn't enough as it only ran cold as each second passed one by one.

Everything started to spiral as you didn't know what to do or think anymore, nothing was in your control at all. You only wished for was a happy family, was that to hard to ask for?

The bruises and scars the littered your body only made you feel worthless while all the terrible memories flooded your mind as much as you wished they wouldn't.

Continuous and loud screams of your mother as she scolds you for the little mistakes you made while she also tells you how much of a disgrace you were to the family, the agony and pain you had to endure from your father while you lay on the floor pathetically.

It was all to hard to handle anymore. The things you only craved was love, affection and comfort from anyone and anybody. But though you wanted this things, you could heavily dought they would ever come true as they were just false realties and wishes.

"I can't be living like this... I don't want to live like this anymore. Please, god's forgive me for all the burdens I made you carry" looking up at the ceiling, the tears burning against your cheeks.

Your mind raced as you stared into the watery like abyss. You shouldn't try and do this... but if you don't, all the pain you'll have to face again would only grow worse.

This is finally the time you shouldn't waste. You need this, you have to have this if you want to feel the happiness you've longed for.

*Ring* *Ring*

Just as you were about to dip your head into the body of water, the sudden sound of your phone filled your ears, making you regain your thoughts as you quickly grab it.

"Hello..?" You croaked while you waited uneasily for a response, soon hearing the familiar soothing voice.

"Y/n are you alright? You do know you can tell me anything whenever you felt upset?"

A small choked sob left your lips, still continuing to look down at your knees that peaked slightly out of the water. The cold liquid swaying rhythmically against the bathtub as you watched it ripple slowly, making you take a deep breath.

"C-can I come to your house please?"

It was difficult to compose yourself any longer as you felt the urge to break, but you could hear the soft sigh from the male as he spoke softly, "Sure. Please don't feel like a burden, I will always be here for you whenever you truly need it"

Luckily enough, you were the only one inside the house making you could feel your heart beat against your chest. This is the only opportunity you could take to escape from this hell, a chance were you can take the freedom. You wanted so badly.

"Thank you, diluc" a small smile crossed your lips while tears still ran down your cheeks, soon ending the call and placing your phone away

.

The atmosphere felt more different from the more tense one you were used to. All you could do was let out a series of heart wrenching whimpers and cries while feeling the more taller male's arms wrap around you gently.

It truly made diluc's heart break as he sees you crying in his arms while you tell him all the horrible situations you had gotten yourself into. A burning flame ignited in him as he filled with hatred. It wasn't your fault and it never was or will, but for your parents, the ones who were ment to protect you and love you only to cause harm to you made him enraged. How could they? How dare they do this!

Though, you are quite lucky. He has already delt with them already, but you really don't have to know since it won't be important now.

"I'm here now, don't worry"

He whispered comfortingly as he pulled you closer to him as you both sat on the velvet couch. The plan of leaving never crossed his mind as he would only stay with you until you felt better, even though you couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

Pulling your closer, holding you flush against him he stroked your h/c hair while gazing at your figure which was huddled close to him, "please look at me"

Even if the tears pricked against the corners of your eyes you looked up to meet his ruby eyes.

"I'll always be here for you. You don't have to feel like you can't talk to anyone even in the worse of situations. Everything doesn't have to be carried by you alone and you'll always have me by your side to assist you with anything."

Wiping the tears from your eyes, you nodded with a smile on your face.

"Nothing can harm you now"

A/n : this is more of the oneshots that I'm pretty much sure might make some people uncomfortable as it covers a lot heavy topics so If you feel this way, please tell me so It can be removed