chapter seventeen

Giyuu poured the food into Kishi's bowl.

"Kishi! Food!" Giyuu called out. The cat didn't show up.
Just then, Giyuu had a flashback to his nightmare.

"Kishi! It's time to eat!" Giyuu called out again. His blood ran cold.

He felt a sense of panic overwhelm him. It was the same as his nightmare. He ran around his house, tearing everything apart in search of his cat.

Giyuu practically threw himself out the door and ran around to the back of his estate. His cat wasn't there. He turned around and looked down the path.

The hashira weren't in a group like they were in his dream.

Giyuu ran to the hashira's favorite spot to hang out. Giyuu had only been there twice, though.

"Guys! Have you seen my cat anywhere?!" Giyuu said in a panicked tone.

"I flamboyantly have not seen your cat!"

"I haven't either, Giyuu!"

"Go find the cat yourself, Tomioka."
Tengen, Kanroji, and Obanai all spoke.

Giyuu got even more panicked. He ran back to his house to check again. He ran around, checking every little crevice in the hopes that his cat would be there. It wasn't.

Giyuu curled up in a corner and began to cry. That animal was the only emotional support he had left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu walked through the hangout area wearily.
The rest of the hashira stared at him as he walked with his head down in the direction of town.

When he left, Shinobu was the first to speak.

"Guys, you should really call off the prank. Tomioka loves that cat with his life." Shinobu spoke worryingly

"Nah, it'll be fine." Tengen spoke as he leaned against a tree.

"I don't know, Giyuu looked really sad when he passed by." Kanroji said, also a bit worried.

"He seems normal to me, emo and depressed." Said the obviously emo and depressed snake boy.

"Just give it a day or two and we'll see." Sanemi said, unusually calm.

Everyone agreed.

.

One day later.

.

"Giyuu didn't show up to the hashira meeting."
Tengen spoke loudly as he sat in a room with the rest of the hashira.

"I told you we should call off the prank." Said Shinobu, getting a bit agitated.

"Yeah, I think we should call it off too." Spoke Kanroji, who was leaning on Obanai's shoulder.

"Whatever you say, Kanroji, is my opinion aswell." Said the emo serpent pillar.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Sanemi rolled his eyes.

"Alright, I'll go get his cat." Said Tengen as he stood up and walked up the stairs.

The rest of the hashira nodded in acknowledgement.

"Hey, babe? Do you know where I put the cat?" Tengen said as he walked up to Hinatsuru.

"Yes, she's in the kennel in our third living room." Hinatsuru said as she smiled softly.

"Alright, thanks Hina!" Tengen said as he walked away.

Tengen walked into the living room and towards the kennel. He knelt down, and looked through the bars.

Tengen's blood ran cold.

Kishi wasn't there.

Tengen rushed back to the room with the rest of the hashira.

"Guys, I think I lost Tomioka's cat!" Tengen said as all of the hashira's gazes landed on him.

"You fucking idiot! How could you lose his cat!?" Shinobu said as she quickly stood up.

"How are we even gonna tell Tomioka!? 'Hey Tomioka I kidnapped your cat for a prank and lost it because I'm a fucking dumbass'!?" Sanemi yelled.