Chapter fifteen

This is after Giyuu's mission.

.

.

.
Giyuu lay down, deep in a peaceful slumber.

Atleast a slumber that seemed peaceful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you feel bad about it?" The voice of Giyuu's childhood bestfriend rang in the air.

Giyuu was shocked to hear his voice again. He turned his head to the side, revealing the same peach-haired boy he had known eight years ago.

"Sabito!? I thought you died!" Giyuu quickly got up and attempted to hug Sabito, only to phase right through him and fall to the ground.

"How pathetic." This time it was Tsutako's voice that spoke.

Giyuu felt his heart ache at those words.
"What..?"

"He hasn't even got any stronger since I died. How weak."

Giyuu's eyes were wide. This was the truth.

"Why did I even sacrifice my life for suck a weak, pathetic, pitiful creature such as yourself."
Giyuu turned his head.

Sabito and Tsutako were standing next to each other, staring down at him.

"You couldn't even save me, and you were a hashira that was just up the hill. How sad."

"Tanjiro...?" Giyuu could feel his eyes begin to sting.

"You should just go jump off that cliff your always go to. None of the hashira would miss you anyways." It was Shinobu's voice now.

Giyuu could feel a hot liquid stream out of his eyes. He was now crying.

"You should've went on that mission instead of me! Then I wouldn't have been dead!"

"Kyojuro?"
Suddenly, Giyuu's ears began to ring loudly.

He covered them up with his hands, attempting to drown out the sound. Then the dream went black for a second.

He woke up underwater. Falling into the endless void of the ocean. He felt hands be placed on the sides of his head.

"Giyuu, why didn't you save us? Are you really that weak?" It was now Makomo.
Giyuu couldn't speak. He couldn't move. All he could do was sink further and further into the ocean as he closed his eyes.

An ocean of grief.

.

Giyuu suddenly got pulled out of his nightmare and back into the real world by a wack on the face. It was Kishi's tail.

"Meow!" Kishi could sense Giyuu's grief.

That's right, he had something to rely on. Kishi.

"Meow." Kishi curled up next to Giyuu and began to purr.

Giyuu smiled softly and pat Kishi on the head. He then slowly fell back asleep, but this time, he wouldn't have a nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu woke up to a bunch of loud and dramatic gasps. He opened his eyes, only to see all of the hashira staring down at him. Except one.

"Jeez, who new that the asshole had a soft spot for cats." Spoke the actual asshole in the room.

"Shinazugawa-san! Don't be rude to him!" It was now Kanroji speaking.

"This is a very flamboyant sight!" Said the hashira who probably chose sound breathing so he'd have an excuse to talk a lot.

"I agree! It's very adorable Uzui-san!" Said Kanroji.

Giyuu sat up, being careful not to startle the sleeping kitten.

"What the fuck are you guys doing in my estate?" Giyuu said while rubbing his eyes.

"Well, Uzui-san wanted to invite you to go to a so called 'flamboyant' restaurant with the rest of the hashira!" Shinobu's voice was loud as it echoed down the hallways.

"Ara, Ara Tomioka-San! I didn't know that your hallways echoed."

"So is he coming or not!?" Sanemi was getting impatient.

"Uh.. I don't-"

"Of course he is! Right, Tomioka-san?" If looks could kill, then that threatening glare Shinobu sent at Giyuu would've killed Giyuu immediately.

"Uh, yeah. I guess I'll come."

"Yay! Giyuu is coming!" Mitsuri squealed

"Tch." Sanemi wasn't happy, though.
Just wait outside, I'll be there in a bit."

Tengen nodded. "Let's flamboyantly go guys!" Jeez, did he have to use that word in every sentence?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu sat at the booth with the rest of the hashira. (This was a very modern-looking restaurant)

"Jeez, Tomioka. Can you try smiling? You're kind of ruining the mood." Said Obanai, who was sitting at a separate table across from them with Kanroji.

"Are you guys on a flashy date or something? Why did you flamboyantly have to get a separate table?" Said Tengen.

Giyuu sat there with his usual blank expression the whole time. He was zoned out, his mind wandering back to his dream from the night before.

Was it really all his fault?
ʰᵉˡˡᵒ? ᵍⁱʸᵘᵘ! ᵍⁱʸᵘᵘ!

"Giyuu!" Giyuu snapped out of his thoughts.

"Are you okay? You zoned out for a second." Said Muichiro.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Muichiro."