Chapter eleven

Warnings: You should know this by now

Nobody POV:

Giyuu stared at the photo of him and Tsutako on the windowsill.
It's over. She's been gone for years. Why is he still clinging onto the past?

He laid down and sighed, thinking about the picture. "What if I had died instead?" He couldn't help but wonder what the outcome would've been. Well, one thing thing he knew, was that it definitely would've been better.

He took sat up and took off his haori, folding it and placing it in front of the window. He then laid back down.

Tanjiro was still missing. It had been weeks now, and Giyuu wasn't the only one who was affected by this. Inosuke, Zenitsu, Kanao, and Nezuko were  all trying to find him.

Giyuu's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on his door. He stood up, wondering why someone would be up at this time.

He slowly walked over to his door, as the person on the other side knocked for a second time. When he got to the door and opened it, revealing a grinning wind pillar.

~A couple of hours earlier~

"Hey, mr. Three wives, wanna prank Tomioka?"
Sanemi said as he walked towards the sound pillar.

"Huh? Well it depends on the kind of prank. I'd it's not flamboyant, than I want no part of it."
Sanemi could've sworn that he saw Tengen sparkle.

"Uh, yeah, whatever."

"Ok! What is the flamboyant plan?"

"You need to stop saying that. Anyways, here's the plan."

~back to the present~

Giyuu stared at the wind pillar's ugly grin.

"What do you need, Shinazugawa." Giyuu was tired of this dude's bullshit.

"Oh, nothing. Do you mind coming outside for a second?"
Sanemi still had that grin on his face.

"Sure?"
Giyuu was confused, but he didn't want to cause anymore problems.
Sanemi led Giyuu to a small clearing surrounded by trees, before he turned to face Giyuu.

"So, what is it?" Giyuu asked.

"Nothing. I was just wasting your time." Sanemi said before grinning even wider than before and disappearing. "Great. Now I have to find my way back to my estate." Giyuu thought before turning around and running in the direction that he came from. What the fuck was that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu had finally made it back home. It took quite awhile, considering the fact that it was pitch black outside. He opened his door and stepped inside, before sliding his shoes off and shutting the door behind him.

There was something odd, though. Giyuu just shrugged off the feeling.

Giyuu laid down, thinking about why Sanemi had taken him all of the way over to that clearing just to "waste his time." It felt odd.

Giyuu cleared his head and began thinking about Sabito, not that that was any better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like every other morning, the first rays of sunshine leaked through his window.
Giyuu sat up and rubbed his eyes, before standing up and getting ready to change. But something was missing. His haori. "What? Where the fuck is it!" Giyuu began to panic as he searched his estate for his haori. Before it hit him. It was Sanemi. That's why Sanemi brought him to the clearing.

Giyuu quickly ran out the door, angered by Sanemi taking his haori. Then he saw it. His haori, with one side of it having a triangle shape cut into it. It was Tsutako's side, and unlike Sabito's, he didn't have the rest of her Haori. Giyuu grabbed his haori and began to run into town, heading to the nearest Tailor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had managed to get his haori fixed, be he was mad. Giyuu raced through the forest towards the wind estate, holding an axe that he had bought when he was walking through town.

When he arrived, he looked at the wooden fence surrounding the wind estate, and threw the axe into it. The one eighth of the fence fell apart, leaving a very noticable trace of the axe. Giyuu then jumped up into the air and made his way back home in the trees, do that nobody would see him.

On his way, however, he stopped and looked down at the two hashira talking.

"That was a very flamboyant prank Shinazugawa! I can't wait to see Tomioka's reaction!"
Giyuu froze. So Tengen had helped Sanemi do this.

"I know right! Hopefully we can get that asshole to show some emotion."
Both of the hashira started laughing.
"Even Uzui? How many of the hashira hate me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu was sitting on the edge of the cliff again. It had to have been around three weeks since he last came here. Giyuu sighed. This was the last place that Tanjiro had been seen.

He looked down at the forest below, listening to the sound of nature. Before long, he began to hear loud footsteps.

"Hello Tomioka! It's nice to see you again!"
Kyojuro's loud voice broke the silence.

"Oh, Rengoku. I see you're back from your mission." Giyuu didn't want to admit it, but he was glad that Rengoku was back. He had been on that mission for longer than expected.

"It was a very interesting mission! Here, let me tell you about it!" Kyojuro said as he sat down next to Giyuu.

"So, when I got there—"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rengoku had finally finished talking about his mission, and began to speak about one that he was going on soon.

"There have been lots of missing persons cases regarding the Mugen train! I was assigned to go there and try to fix the problem! It seems rather interesting, don't you think?"
Giyuu nodded.

"Right, well I have to get ready for my mission now! I'll see you in a couple weeks, Tomioka!"
Kyojuro said as he stood up and walked away.

Giyuu turned his head back to the forest. The sun had begun to set.