Chapter nine

Warnings: Self harm, strong language, gore, kidnapping, Iguro slander.

Nobody POV:

"No. I have been waiting for him for awhile. I have no idea where he could be."

Shinobu listened in on their conversation from around the corner. She knew how bad this was. Giyuu had a family-like bond with Tanjiro, and if he was truly missing, something was bound to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been two days since Giyuu had last seen Tanjro. Giyuu hadn't left his estate at all in that time. The rest of the hashira didn't seem to notice, so Giyuu wasn't worried about that. He stared at the ceiling, thinking about how he had failed to save Tanjiro from whatever took him. Just like how he had failed to protect Sabito and Tsutako. He slowly sat up, still thinking. He then stood up completely and began to walk to his kitchen. As soon as he arrived, he grabbed the closest knife.

This had become a part of his everyday life.

He could feel the cold metal glide across his wrist. It felt like there was a weight being lifted off his chest. He must've done it five more times, until he heard his door open quickly and slam onto his wooden wall.

"EH?! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

Giyuu froze in place. He quickly but silently reached in his cabinet and pulled out a cutting tray, and a tomato. he then placed it on his counter. It was a good thing that Sanemi couldn't see Tomioka doing this, because he had his back facing him. Sanemi also had no proof that he was cutting. Now Giyuu just had to try and play it off. He quickly rolled down his sleeves, and turned around to face Sanemi.

"I'm just preparing a meal, what is it that you need?"

Sanemi seemed embarrassed after Giyuu had said that. He was far enough away from the cutting board now that Sanemi could see the tomato on the cutting board.

"Uh.. Master asked to see you."

Giyuu stared at Sanemi blankly.

"Ok, I will be on my way. You can go ahead and leave now."

Sanemi nodded and made a swift exit.

Giyuu could feel panic rise inside of him. "Does master know? Why did he send for me? Did I do something wrong? Is it about me staying in my estate for a long time?" Giyuu shook his head, he didn't need these thoughts right now. He walked towards his door and quickly put his shoes on, before practically running out of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu walked through the gates, and immediately saw Ubuyashiki standing next to... "Obanai? What's he doing here.."

"Welcome, Giyuu. I have been informed of a very important matter to discuss with you, and I would like to ask if you're comfortable with talking about Tanjiro Kamado's disappearance?"

"If that's what this is about, the why is Obanai here?"

Giyuu nodded, not that Ubuyashiki would be able to see it, though. Obanai quickly made his way towards the gate and left while Giyuu walked the opposite way. Giyuu stood Infront of Ubuyashiki, wishing that this had never happened.

"As you may know, the Kamado boy has gone missing. I believe that you were the last person to see him, so I would like to talk to you about it."

"Okay."

"So, where was the last place you saw him?"

"The wisteria cliff."

Ubuyashiki had told him the name of the cliff multiple times, he just always forgot it.

"Okay, and was there anything strange about the way he acted?"

"Do they seriously think that he ran away? He would never do that."

"No, there was nothing off about him."

Ubuyashiki seemed puzzled.

"Is there any chance that this was a demon's doing?"

Giyuu felt guilty.

"Yes."

Ubuyashiki nodded. "You are now excused. Have a great rest of your day."

Giyuu nodded and began to walk towards the gate.

"Oh and one more thing, take care of yourself."

Giyuu felt guilty after hearing those last few words. He exitted through the gates, and went on his way back to the water estate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giyuu was back in his kitchen, repeating the same thing that he had done earlier that day. Just as he placed the knife on his wrist for the 4th time, he felt a stabbing pain in his leg, but before he could look down to see what it was, someone burst through the door.

"TOMIOKA HAVE TO SEEN KABUMAR- u...."

Giyuu looked down at the knife in his hand, and then at the small white snake wrapped around his leg.

Kabumaru quickly untied himself and slithered over to Iguro.

"Iguro-san? What's wrong?" That was Kanroji's voice. Giyuu was sure that Iguro would tell her.

"No, there's nothing wrong. Let's go back to the restaurant, Kanroji." Iguro shot Giyuu a (venomous) glare as Kabumaru slithered up Iguro's arm and back to his neck. It honesty wouldn't surprise anyone if kabumaru ended up being taller than Iguro.

Iguro turned to face Kanroji, shutting the door behind him. The pair then began on their way back to the restaurant.

(Blooper?)

Iguro was sitting at a table Kanroji's favorite restaurant, talking to her as they waited for their food. As Iguro nodded, Kabumaru did the same. When Iguro spoke, Kabumaru opened and closed his mouth continuously. Just then, their food arrived. iguro turned to look at the waitress, and Kabumaru did the same.

"Thank you for the food." Kabumaru opened and closed his mouth as Iguro said that, mimicking him.

The waitress chuckled a bit. "You're welcome, sir. Enjoy your meal!" The waitress seemed to be holding back laughter, and Iguro was confused. He just shrugged it off and turned his head back to Kanroji. He then began to speak to her again. Kabumaru was still mimicking him. Kanroji giggled.

"Iguro-san, I think your snake is copying you!" Iguro turned his head to look at Kabumaru, and Kabumaru turned to look at Iguro. Kabumaru looked at Iguro, and then looked at his Udon, cycling back and fourth between them. Iguro knew what he wanted.

"No." Iguro said to his snake.

Kabumaru then slithered across Iguro's arm, and onto the table.

"Kabumaru, no."

Instead of eating Iguro's food, Kabumaru bit Iguro's hand.

"Agh, shit!"

Kanroji couldn't help but laugh as the snake slithered away.