Holly

The next morning there was a knock on the door. Who could that be? "Come in. " A young, friendly-looking maid entered. She had tied her blonde curls around her neck and was looking at me as if she had just won a cup. "Good morning, Miss, I'm sorry I haven't come until now, but there's been some disagreement since you'd moved rooms. " I looked at her in confusion. I didn't need a maid. ‚'That's very sweet of you, but I don't think there was any maid planned for me."Yes, yes, her grandmother insisted and you are in the very best hands with me. " I sighed briefly. My grandmother was very insistent on etiquette and I guess she was afraid that I wouldn't wear a single ball gown on my own – which she wasn't so wrong. Well, let's finish them off. " She clapped her hands. "What's your name?" "Oh, how rude of me, I'd forgotten. My name is Holly . " She laughed. I rolled back the blanket and went to my wardrobe. "Wait, Miss. " She passed me halfway and opened the cupboard. She looked for a dark blue dress that reached out to the calves. It was strapless, had a huge neckline and I hated it. The hem was trimmed with a white border and it had a rather tight corset. Since I just wanted her to disappear as soon as possible, I had my dress put on and my hair braided into a knot. "Is there anything else I can do for you? I said no before I left the room. "I'll clean up something here in time", she called after me. When I closed the door behind me, I took a deep breath. The morning got off to a great start. I headed for the bridge. Arriving there, I first saw my grandfather and Mr Ismay, who were probably leading a few passengers around. I surveyed the people. They all seemed to be first class passengers. The men all wore neatly ironed suits and matching flies, and the women wore expensive clothes.  Rose was also among them, she seemed very excited to discuss something. She gestured wildly with her hands, and Mr. Ismay didn't look very pleased. His mouth was pinched to a narrow line and a thick crease had formed on his forehead. I couldn't help but smile. I had never really liked Mr. Isamy, he was very self-absorbed and had a pretty big ego. I sit down at a small table in the corner with some cards on it. After a while, the group moved on. Grandfather said goodbye and came along. He looked a little worn out, but his face immediately turned soft as he leaned down to me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Good morning Edda.Have you had breakfast yet?" "No, I just got up. " With a sigh, he handed me an apple on a shelf. Gratefully, I accepted it and bit into it. "Captain Smith, Captain Smith!" He gave me an apologetic look and hurried in the direction from which the call came. I ate my apple and got up to explore the ship a bit. The sun was shining from the sky and a pleasant breeze was blowing over the deck. Immediately my mood improved. I leaned over the parapet and looked down at the white spray. I shouldn't have done that, I suddenly got dizzy and I tripped backwards. I rowed with my arms in the air, hoping to regain my balance, but in vain. Before my eyes everything was blurred, I couldn't remember where was up and down or left and right. I hit hard with my head on the wooden floor.