CH-12: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝘂𝗺

It was late at night at the Crystal Cove auction house. Daphne's mother and her friend, Shelia, were helping with a charity event. Mrs. Blake was happy to help while Shelia was flat out board.

"Going once, going twice, sold! The ring side seats to the Crystal Cove Lady Banshees roller derby team goes to Gary Bob Walter." The auctioneer announced.

A girl on roller skates picks up the winner. Meanwhile, Mrs. Blake and Shelia are backstage watching the auction take place.

 Blake and Shelia are backstage watching the auction take place

"This charity auction is going better than I expected. What's our total so far, Shelia?" Mrs. Blake asked to her friend.

"Thirty-four dollars." Shelia answered.

"Just imagine all the good thirty-four dollars will do." Mrs. Blake now said.

"The next lot up for bid is this spooky painting." The auctioneer announced as a painting was placed up on stage on an easel. "Oh, now that's what I call art, do I hear five dollars? Four dollars? Three dollars? Come on, this is a genuine spooky painting, this thing creeps me out just by looking at it. Anybody? Anybody?"

Sadly, no one seemed to want to buy the painting at all. But then, the lights went out and there was a sudden horrifying shriek. Suddenly, a real vampire came out of nowhere and had landed on a window.

The Vampire is a slim and gaunt woman with a bald wrinkled head, long pointy ears, black lips concealing a fanged mouth, sickly pale skin and pink glowing eyes. She is dressed in a tattered and black bodysuit with a tattered cape, a large open violet collar, a violet belt around her waist, and a black choker around her neck.

 She is dressed in a tattered and black bodysuit with a tattered cape, a large open violet collar, a violet belt around her waist, and a black choker around her neck

"I want that painting!" The Vampire screeched.

Everyone now started to run for the exit. Sadly, it turns out the doors were all locked. The Vampire let out a cackle as the auctioneer went to turn on the lights. But as soon as he did, the Vampire seemed to have vanished.

Auctioneer: The vampire's gone.
Mrs. Blake: So is the painting.

Everyone else looked to see that the painting was gone too. It made no sense as to how both a painting and vampire would vanish. Everyone was in a scramble to get as far away as they all possibly could.