Part 44

Mias POV:
'You need to sit back and be quiet, Rue, this is serious shit I don't want you fucking it up for me.' Fezco snapped from the front of the car, making reassuring eye contact with me through the mirror.

It was two days after the fight over the new store assistant, and after declining Lexi of the job, Fezco and Ashtray needed to pick up an extra drug deal to keep themselves afloat until they found someone who was willing to help out.

'Why couldn't we just stay at home?' Rue groaned.

'Mias barely recovered from being shot, and you're an addict. I'm not leaving you at home.' He responded firmly.

Rue nudged me and held her hand up to cover her mouth, whispering extremely loud so that everyone could hear.

'He thinks you can't handle yourself.' She giggled.

'He thinks you can't handle yourself, Rue.' Ashtray responded.

I bit my gum to stop myself laughing, and looked up to see Ash smiling at himself, extremely chuffed with his response. The laughter and joy stopped immediately, when Fezco pulled up to an unusually quiet part of town, turning off his lights.

'Right, let's get this straight. You two stay in the car, lean down so that nobody can see you. We'll be back in no more than 20 minutes.' Fez said, advising us to take off our belts and climb into the footwells now, so that nobody would see us in the shadows.

We did as he said, also feeling extremely conscious of the windows that would give us away if anyone was to get close enough to the car to look in.

Fezco rolled down his window and began to speak to a man I'd never heard of or seen before. After a few shared words, he rolled his window back up and pulled over against the wall of a house, meaning that if anyone was to spot us, it would be through my window.

'Mia, please stay quiet, okay, I really don't want anything to happen to you.' Fez said seriously, leaning down the side of his seat and squeezing my hand softly.

'I promise.' I whispered.

'I love you, we'll be back soon.'

'I love you too.' I smiled, looking over at Rue who was pretending to be sick.

Ash turned to look at us both, nodding softly before climbing from the car and closing the door, leaving us in silence.

Me and Rue didn't speak for the first 5 minutes, too worried that anyone was near enough to hear us. When words were finally exchanged, it was not me who did the talking.

'Do you recon they'd leave any drugs in the car?' She asked me quietly.

I looked at her in disbelief, before also sharing the same curiosity. I put my hand in the seat pocket and watched her do the same. Nothing. She sat up and leaned over into the glovebox and I grabbed her arm, pulling her back down.

'What the fuck are you doing!' I shouted, knowing that if someone had been looking at the car theydve seen us.

She let her eyes flutter at the window above my head for just a second longer than idve liked.

'Rue?'  I whispered quietly, turning to look.

The window was smashed and I was grabbed, pulled from the car and onto the pavement. Another man rushed forwards and did the same to Rue, chuckling as I tried to struggle.

'Get them inside.' Another man ordered, hitting me in the head with the back of his gun.

It didn't knock me out, but it did start to bleed, making me feel a little dizzy. I grabbed at the hand on my neck, trying to pull him away from me as I was dragged inside a house and down a flight of stairs.