Part 3

Mias POV:
I wasn't in Fez's home anymore. I was in a hospital. And I didn't even need to open my eyes to figure that out. The clean smell of the air and the repetitive beeping of the monitors told me all I needed to know. I looked around and saw the room was almost empty, Fez sat on a chair in the corner, his eyes fluttering closed, but he was fighting to keep them awake.

'You didn't need to stay with me dumbass.' I whispered hoarsely.

He sat up, smiling, but letting his excitement drop quickly.

'I did, dumbass, you almost died.' He replied angrily.

'Fez stop it.' I groaned.

He sat down and took my hand, rubbing it up and down my palm.

'I'm sorry I'm so sorry.' He repeated.

'Fez I dont think this is a good idea, I really don't.' I whispered.

He stopped what he was saying and looked at me, deadly serious.

'I want you to go, please.' I begged.

It was breaking my heart but I didn't want him to see me in pain, and I didn't think I was ready. He stood up and almost waited for me to say I was joking. But I said nothing. His phone rang and he took it, closing the door a little too hard and heading towards the exit.

Rue: besides the whole overdose part, you've made a mistake. With Fez I mean. He cares for you. A lot.

I sighed and closed my eyes, knowing exactly what I'd done. I wanted to run after him and call him back but I knew I couldn't. I fell asleep for a few more hours, hoping to have some peace before my mum turned up, or Maddy. Nobody was here for me when I awoke. Rue must've told my mum some amazing lie because she didn't suspect a thing. She thought we were just hungover and "acting like kids" so I was safe, for another day. My mind darted back to him; I felt alone without him but he was gone now. Forever.

'Mia you can go, there's someone waiting outside for you.' A kind nurse smiled, handing me a slip of paper.

'What's that?' I asked, nervously.

'We need you to go to rehab for a couple of months, and if you don't, your parents will have to get involved.' She said, softly.

'Parent.' I emphasised.

'I'm sorry, your ride is waiting.' She said, handing me my bag.

I took a deep breath, expecting my mother to be waiting angrily for me, but it was Fez.

'Thought I'd let you walk out on me that easy boo?' He asked, tilting his head sideways to look at me.

'Fez you don't have to do this.' I whispered.

'Bitch get in the car.' He said sternly. I rolled my eyes playfully and slammed the door a little too hard.

'Don't start.' He growled. We drove slowly towards his house but he took a random left just before his street.

'Where are we going?' I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

'To get you some food.' He replied, looking over at me.

I swallowed hard, trying to avoid the butterflies in my heart.

'I'm not hungry.' I whispered hoarsely.

'We're getting food.' He said, kissing my hand and pulling into the carpark.

I told him I'd sit in the car whilst he went to go and get food and It took lots of convincing.

'I don't want to leave you alone.' He insisted.

'You could've gone by now!' I teased.

'I'll be five minutes don't move.' He said, grabbing his keys and his wallet, and jogging into the restaurant.

I picked up his phone and went through his contacts, finding ashtrays number and saving it to my own phone. If he wouldn't sell to me, I knew who would.

Me: Ash It's Mia, I really need something, just little. Don't tell Fez I'm begging you. I'll send you the money later.

Ashtray: 📸

Me: youre a little shit you know that ashtray

I sat and waited for ash to send a screenshot to Fez so that I could delete it but he wasn't stupid, he knew I had his phone. I sat fiddling nervously with my hands and watched as he walked happily towards the car holding a bag of food.

'Let's go home and eat this then, hold the drinks.' He said, passing me our drinks and putting the food at my feet.

I sat in silence for the rest of the drive and despite the small jokes Fezco made to try and cheer me up, I kept quiet. My body was beginning to shake from the withdrawal. I'd never mixed that much in my life, obviously, but I'd been doing something every day for a few months now, just to help me feel alive, and now I had nothing. I followed him inside and glared at his brother as we walked to his room.

'Fez I need to talk to you!' Ashtray shouted.

'Don't you fucking dare.' I whispered.

'If you die I lose him, I can't let that happen.' He whispered in return, closing the door on me and leaving me alone, sat on the bed.

I took my drink and began to sip from it slowly, trying to make out what was being said outside. I looked to Fez's bedside table to see a small packet of maybe three or four pills and I tried to keep my eyes off of them. After a few moments, and being scared they'd walk in any second, I grabbed the small bag and slipped it into my sock.

'You never learn do you.' Fez shouted, throwing open the door.

I took a deep breath. Here we go.