Chapter 14~ Run

Hey everyone! I'm back! :) hope you enjoy this chapter ;) again sorry for not updating but I've been having some personal issues but I promise I won't give up on this story. I even already know what the next chapter will be ;)

~~~~~~~~

Waking up next to someone is nice.

Waking up next to someone who you like is even better.

But waking up to find the guy you like gone from next to you hurts.

Like hell.

A felt a pang in my chest as I turned and looked at the empty space next to me. The sheets were crumpled, the space void of its warmth and host. Evidence that he had been there but left quickly.

I had barely woken up expecting to find Danny with his arms wrapped around me but instead all I saw was a crumpled up blanket.

Now the only thing comforting me from the abandonment was the sound of the rain outside pattering against my window and the cold air in my room. I welcomed the lack of heat as I laid down with half the sheets off me as I stared blankly at the ceiling.

Promises are meant to be broken.

I cringed at my thought as I feel tears build in my eyes. I bite my lip to stop them from falling and swallowed the lump formed in my throat. My vision blurred from the amount of tears and slowly I felt them fall down the side of my face. A weight seemed to press down on my chest making it slightly hard to breath.

It's like physically staying away from him was making me feel like complete and utter shit. What the hell. This isn't suppose to happen.

Sitting up I sucked in a breath before leaning on the headboard. I stared around the room not really seeing but just looking. I numbed my senses and emotions not wanting to feel anything. So that's what I did. Looked but never saw as I moved my eyesight around the room.

I probably looked like a broken doll with my messy brown bed hair, crumpled clothes and void expression. This was always one way I dealt with pain or anxiety. To numb myself.

Suddenly a pounding sounded through the entire house. I stiffened pausing to hear it and then it happen once more before I realized someone was at the front door.

Frowning I got off the bed cautiously tip toeing to my door to open it. A another knock came but this one seemed more desperate than the last making me more nervous than before. A felt a knot form in my stomach. Something wasn't right.

Danny? No. Danny would just open the door. Mom doesn't come back yet.

I gulped heading down the hall, nearing the stairs. Another bang. Something was wrong. I stopped just at the beginning of the stairs.
The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and the feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away. I gulped and slowly backed away heading back to my room. I didn't trust people and maybe they would leave after a few more attempts.

Getting inside my room I locked the door and headed to the closet where I kept a metal baseball bat in case of emergencies. I never used it but I always had it with me. You never know........ Plus it gave me reassurance. Clutching it in my hand I also went and grabbed my cell phone that was carelessly thrown on my nightstand.

I waited as I sat down on the corner of the bed facing the door. I strained my ears to hear anything move but the only sound I heard was the rain pouring down making me slightly terrified.

It was probably just someone trying to sell something like chocolate.... Right?

"Stop being so paranoid Sophie." I huffed annoyed at myself for thinking bad. People braking into houses wasn't very common in our town but that was because our population was very low.