Chapter 4~ Why are you here?

Beep beep beep

I groaned hearing my alarm clock beep repeatedly and squinted my eyes to see it was 6:15 am. So early.... I sighed into my pillow before leaning over into the cold air to shut off the stupid machine.

Every Saturday I would run 3 miles to make up for the calories I ate for the week. No I was not obsessed with my weight but when you're heavy and have to lose all that weight it gets to you when you gain a pound.

I was very chubby when I entered high school and I was determined to lose pounds when I noticed I was conscious when I presented projects. So that summer I lost 40 pounds and then my sophomore year I lost another 10. To say I was proud and excited was an understatement.

Now I didn't have the perfect dream body but I was determined to keep weight off.

I threw off my covers greeting the cool wind against my skin. I stayed looking at the ceiling just thinking about what happened last night.

Maybe it was all just a dream. An amazingly perfect dream.

I mean no one had given me a second glance. Ever. I was just the average girl everyone knew. Nothing special. I didn't really talk and I didn't really outshine anyone in school.

I frowned getting up from the bed and heading toward the bathroom. I looked at mirror sighing. My hair looked like a birds nest, disheveled and greasy, my face was oily making me cringe and my clothes were crumpled. My eyes then travel to my neck and I was surprised to the hickey there. Putting a hand to it I blush remembering all the words and things that happened. Daniel Rider.

Turing on the shower I wait until it's warm before stripping and getting in. I let the warm water run down my body and I flinch when the water runs down the hickey.

How am I supposed to hide this thing?!

I groaned quickly scrubbing myself and shampooing my hair with vanilla shampoo. Rinsing myself I wonder if I can sneak past my mom this morning but then I realize she likes to have Saturday breakfast with me.

I panic quickly getting out and walking towards my exercise clothes drawer and pulling out a black Nike shirt and pants. Putting on a sports bra and underwear I put on the exercise clothes.

I search make up tutorials on hickeys as I blow dry my hair and tie it up in a hair-tie. Getting out my make up pouch since I didn't use it a lot I followed the directions thanking the inventor of make up as I looked in the mirror. The hickey was gone and I happy danced into my room.

Yanking random socks on my feet I put on black Nike running shoes before taking my phone from the nightstand and my earphones and begin to walking downstairs.

I leave a note on the counter telling my mom I went on my run.

Stepping through the door I get a blast of the chilly weather and I smile at the cloudy sky. At least I wouldn't get sun burned or have to deal with the hot sun. Chilly weather was the best for exercise because you could run more without feeling so hot and sticky.

I check the time quickly plugging the earphones in. 7:04. I walk to the side walk putting my pandora app on random before beginning to jog.

My mind to starts to wander to everything that's happened in my life so far.

It's funny how one second change your life completely. For better or for worse it's a mystery.

I was never expecting anyone to come into my life so soon. I actually thought I would meet someone in college and we would click. Take time to get to know each other and see where it would lead.