Chapter 5~ Awkward Bookstore Moments..

Romance. Mystery. Comedy. News. Teen Fiction.

I was currently at Barnes and Noble walking around aimlessly looking at each section looking at the titles trying to find a book that would catch my interest. Running my fingers across the spine titles I frown noticing nothing seems to spike my interest.

"Uhhh do you need any help?" Said a gruff voice behind me. I quickly spin around to where the voice came from to see a boy my age in a Barnes and Noble uniform.

He has light brown hair in a quiff and light green eyes. His sun kissed skin makes his lips pop but for some reason no matter how good looking he is I don't feel anything. He's giving me a grin which would make any girl fall but I don't think much of it. Danny is way better looking....

"No I'm good thank you." I tell him politely giving him a smile. I turn back to the shelves looking at the titles again. Boring. Boring. Read it. Read it. Predictable. Boring. Re-

"Are you sure, because you've been walking around the whole store and still haven't found anything." He says taking a step closer to me. I lips go into a thin line. This dude can't be serious... "I mean it's no prob-"

"Sophie! There you are I've been looking all over for you!" I snap my head to the sound of the voice that saved me from an awkward moment. And my face breaks into a grin when I do.

Danny is walking towards me with a smile on his. He's wearing a light gray shirt that stops at his elbows with dark blue jeans and converse. The shirt clings to his chest and arms and I can see the muscle popping from the end of the shirt. His hair looks darker like he just took a shower and it's a bit messy which makes him look even hotter than the last time I saw him. To say he looked amazingly hot would've been an understatement. He looked sexy and he wasn't even trying.

"Danny!" I exclaim with joy. He grins at my greeting before he opens his arms to hug me and I cant wait as I speed walk to meet him half way.

Throwing my arms around his neck he secures my waist with his arms before lifting me in the air. I laugh enjoying the twirling before I feel him come to a stop and set me down slowly. I don't pull away completely, letting my arms travel from his neck, to his shoulders, to his stomach. Goosebumps rise in my skin as I feel his muscles tighten when I hands glide down a little more. I can feel his six pack through the thin material of the shirt and I see his eyes darken. I feel tiny sparks everywhere in my body, my mind is a bit hazy and my heart rate is faster since I saw him. It's like I'm high when he's around me. Not that I mind.

"Hey." I say softly looking up at him. His eyes are wide with happiness and the grin on his face is still there.

"Hey beautiful." He says just as softly with a smile tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. He just called me beautiful.....again.

We don't look away from each other but I feel my cheeks get warmer as the time passes on. It's like we're in our own little world.

Then we hear a cough behind us.

We snap our heads to see the boy that was talking to me five minutes ago but this time he has a frown on his face and jealousy is plain in his eyes. Danny's muscles tighten and I can feel the glare he's giving the poor guy even though I'm not looking at him. I notice the name tag on his shirt and realize his name is Nick. But it's awkward to say the least....

"If you guys are done." He says rudely. "I was just asking this pretty lady if she needed help." He says looking at me with a predatory look.

I shift uncomfortable under his gaze and suddenly Danny's arm comes around my shoulders pushing me into him more. As if reassuring me he's there and he's trying to shield me. I flush not meeting Nick's eyes.