Chapter 7~Date.

Best day ever.

As Danny and I walk down my street I can't help the smile that's imprinted on my face go away. We had just spent the last three hours playing on the play ground like little kids, running around and playing on the swings. There were times when he would just stop and look at me making me cover my face and peek threw my fingers. He would just shake his head before running towards me making me scream and run away before getting caught.

Reaching my house that seems to greet me with its tan walls and brown wooden door my face falls at the thought of him leaving already. It was as if I wanted him to stay with me. Which is completely wrong...... Right?

"I had a fun day today. Thank you." I tell him as he walks me to the front door. We stand there facing each other making me notice the grin on his face making mine grow a little more.

"It was a pleasure to see you act like a 5 year old high on candy," he says charismatically making me laugh. "So thank you for that. I don't think I'll ever see someone so..." He pauses as if searching for the right word.

"Childish? Happy? Weird? Crazy?" I add trying to help him find the right word. I had always been one to suggest words to people.

"Free." He finishes with a look of admiration. I'm stunned and surprised at his choice of word. "You don't see it but you're so carefree and you have this, this love around you and everything you do you have such a beautiful way of doing. Your smile has this light that just makes everyone else around you smile. It's contagious and you're so pure you just," His words are almost jumbled but soft like he can't describe it using simple words. Like they aren't enough to describe such emotions. It makes me blush lightly at the sincerity in his voice and the look of plain admiration and something more in his eyes.

He stops short before taking a step closer to me with a small smile on his face. He doesn't touch me or try to make a move and instead just looks at me. Looking at my face his eyes wander from my hair to my lips and I see his eyes light up when they reach mine again.

Slowly he lifts his left arm and gently moves a piece of my brown hair behind my ear with his hand. The gesture gives me goosebumps and I can still feel the heat of his hand against my skin.

"You're just so beautiful." He whispers as if it were a secret only I could know.

I bite the inside of my mouth to prevent the smile that wants to appear on my face but it's hard so I just give up.

"I should probably go inside now." I say softly looking into his eyes. He nods at my words before gently putting down his hand.

My feet don't seem to follow my brains commands because I'm glued to the ground not moving an inch. It's like his eyes was super glue and I was the broken vase that needed fixing. I needed time before I could move. More time to look at him, more time to be with him. Goodbye felt like pain to my stomach even if just for a day or night.

Swallowing hard I move my gaze to the door before smiling sadly. "Goodnight Danny." I say looking back at him. He looks just as torn and sad as I am.

"Uh yea, yea." He says before clearing his throat. "Goodnight." He whispers before turning around heading to his house.

He takes two steps in that direction before stopping abruptly and spinning around. I'm still at the door halfway in and halfway out looking back at him. He looks nervous as he walks back up to me.

Rubbing the back of his head he chuckles looking around before finally setting his gaze on me.

"Do you umm," he starts before stoping to lick his lips making them look pinker. "Do you uh, want to go on a date with me?" He asks unsure and I can faintly see a blush on his cheeks.

I grin and nod frantically before stopping and realizing I probably looked like an idiot. "Sure. I'd love to go on a date with you." I say trying to hide my excitement that's bubbling up inside.

He lets out a breathe closing his eyes mumbling something under his breath I couldn't quite hear. He then opens them showing me the relief and happiness in his eyes before grinning and walking backwards. I laugh lightly at his sudden burst of energy before shaking my head at him.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6!" He yells before spinning around and fist bumping the air.

I laugh out unable to keep the grin off my face. I quickly go inside closing the door before sighing and leaning my head back against it.

I'm going on my first date tomorrow....

"So who was that nice boy?" Says a voice suddenly.

I snap my eyes open gasping and clutching my heart at the sight of my mom looking smug at me.

"Jesus Christ." I mumble shutting my eyes for a moment before looking at her.

She has a knowing look in her face and a smug smile on her lips which make me feel uncomfortable. I shift under her curious gaze and I shuffle to the kitchen ignoring her question. Knowing her she would probably have a party and invite the whole family. "Come celebrate my daughters first boyfriend!!"

"What boy?" I ask playing stupid while getting a glass from the cupboard. I hear her footsteps come closer as I make my way to the fridge.

"The boy that just dropped you off and made you smile like you were high." She says as if it were obvious taking a seat at the island while I filled up my glass with water.

Turning around and taking a sip I stand opposite of her near the island avoiding contact. Setting the glass down I finally look up at her to see she's waiting with her arms crossed.

"Oh." Playing with the rim of the cup i nervously spin my finger around it. "His name is Danny. I met him at Aunt Betty's and actually saw him today at Barnes and Noble and we hung out at the park." I say blushing. "He asked me out on a date too..." I add quietly.

But apparently not quiet enough because as soon as I say those words she's shrieking and asking me questions left and right. I flush even more before calmly explaining everything to her.

In the end she's happy that I finally got a guy to ask me stating that I wasn't getting any younger. I laugh at her before heading up the stairs and changing before snuggling in my bed.

As I wait for sleep to catch me I think of possible outfit choices to wear.

Wait.

What do you wear on your first date? Is it casual? Or will he take me to a fancy dinner? To an amusement park? Do you wear jeans? Or a dress? Hair up? Hair down? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

I groaned realizing I didn't have a clue.

I'm totally screwed!!!!!

____________