Chapter 11~ Confrontations and Comfort

Rape.

A four letter word that scars millions of girls a year. By definition rape means unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration without the consent of the victim. No female or male should ever have to go through the pain and suffering. And for any of those who have I hope you've recovered and you have my admiration for staying strong.

**********

My body trembled as I looked at Danny. His eyes were blazing with anger as he saw my face. Tears slipped down my cheeks and my vision was a hazy. I knew I looked like a crying mess but I don't think either of us cared.

His brown eyes suddenly flashed electric blue and then he came close to my body and sniffed me. Growling his body started shaking, his muscles tensed with anger and his eyes slowly became pitch black.

My eyes widened in shock and utter horror at him. The amount of pure hatred rolled off him in waves.

"I'll kill that bastard. I'll rip him to shreds." His voice was no longer sweet but rather a much deeper voice. It made my heart beat faster. This Danny frightened me but I knew it was still him.

"Hey! Why'd you r-" the voice came from behind him and I leaned to the side to see the girl that was with him. A pang hurt my chest again at the sight of her but I was too scared to care at this point.

Taking in the scene her eyes widened and her eyes flashed a green instantly. Werewolf.

"Alpha. You're scaring her." Her voice was cautiously slow. Her muscles tensed ready to intervene but she suddenly stopped. Her eyes seemed to glaze over before she quickly let out a growl.

"Is she hurt?" She asked with a hard and worried tone.

He didn't reply to her question. "I'll take care of her. But make sure you beat that son of bitch to a fucking crisp for touching her. He should be fucking glad I'm not going there right now. Break every god damn bone in his fucking body." He said with the same hard voice instead making me look at him. His eyes were changing from black to blue to brown. It was like he was fighting for control.

The thought of Danny leaving me scared me into no end. I swallowed a lump that seemed to be stuck in my throat. "P-p-please don't leave me." I pleaded softly looking into his eyes.

He seemed to regain control when he heard my voice because his eyes changed to brown instantly. They softened a fraction before he pulled me into his chest and I put my arms around his waist. His body heat and arms around my body calmed my nerves but the fear was still there.

"I'll never leave you again." He promised me squeezing me lightly in reassurance.

"Alex." He barked voice full of command. Footsteps were heard as she made her way a little way from us, to give us space and then they ceased. "Beat the shit out of him. That's an order." He commanded, anger seething through his words.

I tensed. "W-wait. Y-you could get hurt." I say pulling away from Danny's chest slightly looking at her. If something were to happen to her Id be the one to blame.

Alex grinned showing me her perfect teeth before answering happily, "Werewolves are a lot stronger than humans. Plus I have an advantage and its my job to protect you at all costs." Her smile then faded quickly. All humor and kindness gone. "No one gets away with hurting a Luna." And with that she turns leaving me slightly confused.

Claire had explained some part of werewolves before but she hadn't completely told me how everything worked. So I was still partially new to everything.

"Will she be ok?" I ask Danny quietly. My voice is hoarse and shaky but it's still strong enough that it's understandable.

There's no response when I'm suddenly lifted bridal style into Danny's arms. One of his arms is securing my back while the other is underneath my knees to secure my legs. I automatically wrap my arms around his neck as I gently place my head on his shoulder. We walk down the street I had initially came from and I enjoy the small breeze that hits us. It cools my hot face down and gives me a chance to close my eyes and nuzzle my head in Danny's neck.

"Alex can take care of herself. He won't be able to land a single hit on her. You're the one I'm worried about." I hear Danny say softly with care. I tense feeling tears well up in behind my eyelids.

I shouldn't be crying. Nothing happened. He didn't even try and take my clothes off. Well he didn't get the chance to. So why am I crying so much?!

Maybe it's the fact that he could have. That if I had panicked and let my fear get the better of me he could have done something. He could have knocked me un conscience so that no one could hear me struggle and then raped me. Killed me even. And no one would have been there to stop him.

I clear my throat before answering, "I'm fine. Just a little shaky." I try to reassure him so he won't be so worried. But I can tell it's not working because he pushes me more into his chest.

"He wouldn't have touched you." My eyebrows furrow in confusion and I turn my head to see his face. He's looking ahead and his gaze is calculating.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused by his statement.

"I knew something was wrong. I felt your panic and fear. And I didn't need anymore signs before I ran towards where ever you were. I felt the pull, the need to protect you, and it took me to where you were. That's why we both crashed into each other at the corner." He explains with a certain assurance that told me I wouldn't have been raped.

But the possibility still lingered in my head. The undying possibility of what could have happened.

I didn't reply and instead closed my eyes one again to shut off the world. We walked a few more minutes, the sound of his feet hitting the pavement and small pebbles. Cars rushed past honking their horns along with bicycle bells ringing past us.

The night of Aunt Betty's suddenly flashed in my mind. How Danny had carried me the exact same way to my house practically speed faster than my car.

Wait.

"Danny?" I said unsure slowly opening my eyes. We were a block away from my street now.

"Yes? Are you ok? Is anything wrong?" He asked concerned. He quickly looked down to scan me for any sign of injuries but I just stared back at him in confusion.

"How did you know where I lived?" I asked.

Danny suddenly stopped and gave a small grin. "I was wondering when you would realize you never told me your address." He said beginning to walk again. "Alpha's have to know where everyone lives we have files for everyone in our territory so when you were presented at Aunt Betty's, I knew which house you lived in." He explained, "besides your scent, which I find absolutely delicious," he said winking at me making me blush, " led me to your house. Scents can tell you a lot of things. But I'll explain that later. We're here." He finished.

I turned from his face to my house and I frowned knowing I would be alone.

My mother worked every weekday and Sunday at a hospital near town. She was a nurse and her hours usually started from 7 in the morning to 9 at night. It scared me every night knowing she could get robbed or worse.

Danny gently set me down and I slowly took my hands away from his neck. His warmth didn't last long and I shivered feeling the cool air hit me. I looked at the house once more and a certain emptiness invaded my heart along with a sense of panic.

"C-can you stay with me?" I stuttered shyly. I felt my cheeks heat up as I picked at the black jacket trying to distract myself.

I heard Danny chuckle lightly behind me making me small a bit before I felt his hand enclose on mine. Warm and fit perfectly in mine.

"Of course I'll stay. There's no place I'd rather be than with you." He said raising the hand that was connected with his and kissed it gently not losing eye contact.

Small Sparks flew were his lips touched my skin and I felt my heart swell with a warmth only he could cause. My cheeks redden on their own accord and the shy small smile on my lips made him grin at me.

There was a warmth and comfort that came from Danny that I didn't know people could give. It was if a haze of protection and complete and utter love flowed from his body to mine. It gave me everything I could have ever asked for and more.

HE was someone I could have ever asked for and more.

__________________________