Chapter 8~ First Date Panics

My first date EVER is an hour and a half away.

I felt my heart pounding in my chest as I sat on my bed staring intensely at the alarm clock clutched in my hand. My face felt hot with heat and I felt a small pulsing in the back of my head. When I was nervous this always happened. My hands seemed to crush the small electronic clock that seemed to mock me with the time.

My breath was uneven and lumps seemed to form in my throat along with tiny beads of sweat in my forehead.

How do you get ready for a first date?

Sighing I shakily put the alarm clock down on the nightstand and stood heading to the closet. Closing my eyes I breathed in deeply and exhaled when I reopened my eyes. I shouldn't be afraid to go on a date.

Opening the white closet door I skimmed through the option of clothes hanging. I had mostly solid colors and different types of shirts. Black being the main color of choice in the closet. Maybe I shouldn't dress too fancy. I thought as I looked at the dresses to the left. Shaking my head I closed the closet quickly before heading to the wardrobe adjacent to my nightstand.

"So I heard you got a date today." Said a voice behind me making me jump and clutch my heart before turning around.

Mia was standing there leaning against the frame of my door in a pink sundress and converse with a grin dancing on her lips. I smiled before hugging her which she gladly accepted with a chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously pulling back. I don't remember telling her anything.

She snorted and walked over to my closet with her hands on her hips and look of determination.

"I've known you long enough to know you suck at picking anything to wear out. I know you'd be freaking out so I thought I would come over and help." She said turning around and winking at me.

I didn't know how she found out about my date but I groaned in happiness before throwing myself on my bed. "Thank you so much." I mumbled against the pillow.

"Hey! I didn't come here so you could be laying down on your ass!" She yelled. "Go take a shower! I'll handle your clothes, makeup and shoes."

I didn't reply and instead did as I was told heading to the bathroom. Quickly taking a shower I got out wrapping a towel securely around my body and hair before going back into my room.

A black loose tank top, a blue skirt, tights and my converse were laid down on my bed. Mia was on my computer looking scrolling through her Twitter and blasting music.

"I didn't feel like picking out your underwear so you can do that." She said without looking at me. "I stole some chips by the way." She added raising a bag of chips before setting it down and grabbing some.

I quickly replied ok before snatching the clothes, grabbing underwear and going to the bathroom. Quickly changing I looked in the mirror before chewing my lip. I looked decent and I hadn't even done my hair and makeup.

"Hurry up!" Mia yelled through the door making me I roll my eyes before yanking it open.

She had her hands on her hips and an impatient look on her face. Makeup and hair supplies were on the desk neatly ready to be used. I eyed them suspiciously knowing I hated wearing too much makeup.

"Soph just trust me will you?" Mia said with a sigh before nodding her head to the chair. I bit my lip before nodding and sitting down.

I never knew Mia was good with a brush and by the time she was done I had 10 minutes left before Danny would arrive and my makeup along with my hair were beautifully done.