Not a Chapter

This may sound cringy. Oh so cringy. But I've never understood these words until now. I never could have done it without you. I never would have finished writing this book if it weren't for the encouraging comments I got from a specific person. You know who you are. If it wasn't for them, I probably would have dropped the book. This is the first book I have typed that I actually finished.

Tbh, I'm sorry for the ending. But that one person in the comments voted 1 or 2 for an ending. I had a sad one in mind and I like writing sad endings. They picked 2. That was the sad one. Then I thought of two more sad ones and wrote them all out in detail, including a happy one, and showed them to my brother and mom and they both picked the same one that I finished us off with.

Honestly, I like writing sad endings over happy endings because I find the happy endings to be too fake. If you continue your story long enough, it'll always have a sad ending no matter what. Somtimes the love interest dies. The MC dies, or maybe even the whole world. So if you end off this story before the last chapter, it does end happy. Yet if you think about it, it still ended happy.

The epilogue showed Hawks accepting Touya's death and not blaming himself for the car falling on him. He adopts Eri and teaches her all sorts of things about him, making her love him as her own father. Hawks stays happy, not wanting to challenge himself by getting with anyone else. He continues to have a happy life like Touya would want.

So honestly, I cannot thank you guys enough for making me know that people were wanting to read the next chapter, and they were excited, so I finally finished it. I finally found a good ending and got rid of that horrid writer's block. If that one person did not comment what they did, I would not have been able to find myself to want to even finish it. Because I overthink way too much, I would probably start thinking how a lot of people hate it and think it's stupid so there's no reason to even attempt to finish it.

But I definitely realized that that wasn't the case. Anyway, onto the next and final topic of this last update. (Nooooo!) Like I mentioned before, I am making a new story. I have already started to write the first chapter and will publish it today. It is called, 'My Little Secret| Dabi x Hawks'

I feel so sad finishing this story. I put so much time and effort into it, I can't imagine my life without it. Writing is one of my biggest hobbies and it's similar to how you feel if you're obsessed with a story. I'm obsessed with writing my own stories and part of me wants to become and author even if I know that it's a complicated profession. I might just write in my free time though. Might publish a few books when I'm older. And if they make me enough money, I might make it my career.

Anyway, here's a picture of the new story. The first chapter is already available.

 The first chapter is already available