The Aftermath

Hawks' POV

I walked back to my dorm. Of course there aren't any free dorms. Just my luck. I stopped in front of my door, my hand hovering over the handle. But then I sighed and put my hand down, turning away and walking away, going to Fumihiro's dorm.

When I got there, I knocked slowly on the door, feeling that it was hard to lift my arm. It felt heavy. I tried to keep my tears in while Fumihiro opened the door. He stood there, confused because of the look on my face. And then I hugged him. I cried into his chest. I sobbed. He stepped back and closed the door. I could hear that Haru wasn't here.

Fumihiro hugged me back. "What's wrong, Hawks? Please. Tell me what's wrong."

I didn't say anything. I just kept crying, holding him tighter. He rubbed my back in circles. I couldn't stoop crying. Why was I so upset? It's not a big deal. He just hates me. That's all. My once favorite friend... hates my guts. Because of me. It's all... because of me.

Touya's POV

I slammed the door to my house open and ran inside. Endeavor wouldn't be here at this time. I ran through the halls and towards Shoto's room. I slammed the door open and looked inside. Empty. I ran through the house again and looked around. Then I heard running coming from behind me. I whipped around and saw Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Shoto. Fuyumi spoke first. "Touya? What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

I looked at Shoto and felt the breath catch in my throat. I ran toward him and dropped to the floor, pulling him into a tight hug, sobbing. He hugged me back, confused. Confused until I said what was on my mind the whole way here. "I'm so sorry, Shoto. I-I'm so sorry I brought Akane here. I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you."

I heard Natsuo mumble something. "What... what do you mean? What did she do to Shoto?"

But I didn't answer him. I just kept crying and hugging Shoto until I heard him also crying. I'm so damn sorry.

Hawks' POV

I sat on the bed, cuddling into Fumihiro as he played with my feathers. He had a movie on the TV but I wasn't paying attention. I don't think he was either. I sniffled every once and a while. I suddenly heard someone walking up to us and I'm guessing Yumi teleported because I didn't hear any entrance. Then I heard her voice. But I didn't bother turning to look. "Hawks? What happened?"

I stayed silent. Fumihiro looked at her and I felt him shake his head. I gripped his shirt with my hand tighter. I'm tired. So tired. So weak. I hate this. This feeling. This feeling of helplessness. This feeling that I could make him happy. Make him feel better. But I can't because he hates me. I'm terrible. I'm useless. I'm no good hero.

"You're not useless. And you're an amazing hero!"

I jumped and turned around. The door was open and I looked straight at Haru. His quirk was telepathy. I looked down. "I told you not to read my thoughts."

He sighed softly. "You won't speak. So what else should we do? We don't even know what happened. But I feel like Yumi knows some of it."

Yumi turned to him. "It's none of your guys' business. That's why I know and you don't." She turned back to me. "But please, Hawks. Tell me what happened."

I got up, out of Fumihiro's hold. I walked away from them and out of the room but I paused by the door before turning my head back, still looking down. "Just... leave me alone for now."

They all stared at me as I departed. I went down to the ground floor and walked outside, bumping into someone. I looked over at them and paused when I saw familiar white hair. Touya. But I looked forward again until I was in a clear spot and then took for the skies, trying to clear my thoughts.

Akane's POV

I don't understand. I shouldn't have gotten pregnant from him. He's 8! He hasn't even hit puberty yet! Unless... unless he hit puberty early. I groaned as I held my hand. I was on the bus right now. The skin on my hand was melted and I was headed for the hospital. I wasn't gonna tell them the truth because I didn't want Touya to tell them what happened.

I don't think that would end well. I definitely would be forced to move out of my house. It's not like I'm staying in the hero course now that Touya is out of the picture. There's no reason to.

Touya's POV

I laid on my bed in silence as a tear slowly fell down my face. I was a disgrace. I turned my head to look at Hawks' bed and frowned. I'm a complete asshole. I made the one person in my life who would actually be there for me... leave. And for what? I'm already hated by Dad. What's more hate? I looked back at the ceiling and put my arm over my eyes. I feel like shit.

Hawks' POV

I fly above all of the tall buildings now, thinking of how beautiful the sky is. It reminds me of... Todoroki. I smiled lightly. He used to seem... carefree. There was a vibe about him... it was.... peaceful. That's why I cared about him so much. I felt safe with him. Even when he flipped out on the bullies. He was protecting me. I... I miss him.

I soared through the clouds, feeling weightless. I let myself fall. I closed my eyes, putting my back to the ground. And at the last second, I flew. I smiled calmly as I flew higher and higher. Until I was above the clouds. I closed my eyes and felt the air against my face. I wish... I wish Todoroki was here with me. I wish he could see this. I feel like... it would make him feel better. Even if it was just for a second. It's still something.

Touya's POV

I sat up and stared at the wall, holding myself up with my arms. I... can't ever let Hawks back into my life. I've come so far and worked so hard. I'm not throwing it away. And I can't tell him why. I can never tell him why.