Moving On

Hawk's POV

A week had gone by. Touya still wasn't talking to me. I only had one more nightmare. And Touya wasn't having any more nightmares. At least, not until last night. We had both gone to bed early since we had school the next day. I had halfway fallen asleep when I heard Touya struggling. Like he was running away from a killer. Or... something dangerous.

Touya's POV

I ran through the darkness. I could hear his booming voice. Why was I running? The punishment would only get worse. The darkness faded into the walls of the house. I ran through some of the empty halls that were used for storage. I ran through the halls that went to Mom and Dad's room. I ran and ran until I hit a wall. A black wall. And then I fell. I fell far down. Into a black void.

I fell and fell. I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs but no one could hear me. If no one could hear me scream... then what's the point? I couldn't do anything. I reached all around me. I couldn't latch onto anything. Everything... was nothing.

I lashed around but it was no use. I was falling. I was falling down to nothing. I was falling in a world with no end. So where was I going? I just fell and fell. Until I felt something touch my hand. I looked up as I stopped falling. All of a sudden I was on the ground. But I hadn't hit it. I looked down. No. I wasn't on the ground. I was in a bed. The bed in my dorm room.

But I couldn't see anyone. No. I could. I saw a sillhouette. It wasn't clear. But he was holding my hand. I stared at him. He sat by the bed and stayed still. I looked at my hand. He was lightly touching it. But he was still touching it. I looked back at his face. He... wasn't a child. He was big. But he had wings. Big wings. He looked like an adult. Not an 11-year-old.

As I closed my eyes again, I noticed a feather on the bed. A red feather. A large one too. Too large to belong to Hawk's.

Hawk's POV

When he calmed down, I stood up and walked back to my bed, letting go of his hand. I laid down on my bed and then looked at his own. I noticed my feather next to him and then flew it back to me. This is one way to help him. A way where he won't get mad. Because he won't know.

Touya's POV

I woke up the next day and looked around. Hawks had already left for school. I got dressed quickly and then left. I got to my class and sat down. I saw Kumi, Olive, and the other kid. I forgot his name. They were all glaring at me. But I looked away and ignored them. The teacher came in and talked to the whole class about our assignment.

After class was over we were gonna go to lunch, a girl walked up to me. She smiled and stopped me from walking out the door. I looked at her with a straight face. She spoke with a pretty voice. "Hi! I'm Akane Ito! I sit behind you in class. I wanted to know if you wanted to eat with me at lunch?"

Ito had bright red eyes and long, straight red hair. Her hair was a darker color. She also had light freckles on her cheeks. I sighed and then walked passed her, going towards the cafeteria. She kept walking behind me. "I haven't heard much about you!"

I ignored her. But she kept talking. "What's your quirk? I assume it might have something to do with fire?"

I had my hands in my pockets when I got to the cafeteria. I went into the lunch line and sat down, all while she was still talking to me. When I sat down, she sat in front of me with her own food. "You're name is Touya, right?"

I ate my food without talking to her. "I also heard that you room with a younger kid!"

I sighed and then finally looked up at her. "What do you want?"

She smiled at me, finally. "To be friends with you."

I put my chopsticks down and stared at her. "I don't want friends!"

Her eyes widened a little bit but then she relaxed them and continued to smile. "Well we are gonna be great friends!"

I grabbed my tray, got up, and walked to an empty table. She looked at me from the other table with surprise, and then she followed me.

Hawks' POV

I sat in class, tapping my pencil, while I looked straight at the teacher. I was bored. I already knew this stuff that they were teaching us. Then, right when I needed it to, the bell rang. It was finally time to go back to the dorms. I got up and packed my things. I looked across the classroom, toward the back, and looked at Fumihiro Hino. The cutest boy in class.

I smiled lightly. He looked over at me and I looked away, blushing. Hino had dark blue hair that hung down perfectly with some white in it. His eyes were light purple. His fingertips on his right hand were light blue and his fingertips on his left hand were red. His quirk was temperature control. He could control the temperature within 10 feet from himself.

He never spoke much and not many people liked him because he was kinda rude. But I didn't care that he was mean. I liked him. He was... different than the rest. I had liked him for a month now. I quickly packed up my bag and then walked out. I glanced back at him through the door and he was putting his backpack on and getting ready to leave.

I wanted to ask him out. But I didn't have the guts. Maybe in a few years. If I'm even still in the same class with him then. I mean, this school does let you study to be a hero here at the start of highschool. He may or may not try to be in that course. If I'm lucky, he'll say yes.