Chapter 8: 2 Sides of a Coin

~~timeskip~~

~~Stiles~~

Void and I are waiting for our cue at the loft when Scott speaks to Derek "Thanks again for letting us come Derek." Peter interjects "And me." 

Derek and Scott ignore him, and Derek just tells the young true alpha "Of course Scott. Now what's this about, you sounded pretty urgent in the text." 

Scott then states simply "We're waiting." Peter pipes up telling him "Scott are you even in school because if you knew how to count, you'd see we're all here . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wait. . . . . . . Unless. . . . . . . No . . . . Couldn't be?" 

I take that as my cue and move through the shadows entering the loft stating as I stand a little way away from them "Yes it can." Everyone then shouts "STILES!!!!!" 

I smile saying "Hey everyone." They all come over and Derek's the first to speak "We've missed you, Stiles. How've you been?" 

I smile answering "I've been fine. I'm alive. But we're here not only to announce me but I also have a surprise. Follow me." 

I turn to leave, and I look over my shoulder to see them following. After a bit of walking, I say as we approach "Alright ready here it is." 

We come up to the house that was once burned and now is back to its former glory, maybe better.

I hear everyone say in complete awe ". .  . . . . . . . . Woooaah. . . . . . ." Scott then snaps out of it asking "Wait. . . Is that why you left school?" Lydia then asks not letting me answer Scott "And what you've been up to?" 

I then say with a smile "Yes to both questions." I wait a bit before continuing "I felt like owed you guys and so I updated the house. Thinking instead of Derek's loft this could be the pack house where all the pack business and meeting take place." 

Scott then looks to the house smiling going back to being in awe saying, "It's amazing." I then say as there's still one more surprise "Umm, well. Thank you. . . . Buuuuut I still have one more surprise." Scott then looks to me asking "Really is it even better than this?" 

I answer, "Not exactly." Void then materializes from my shadow saying enthusiastically "SURPRISE!!! You like the gift?" 

Scott is in shock then says after a bit " . . . . . . . . . . What is THIS!!!!!!" just then all of the wolves wolfed up and Derek says through fangs "You better hurry up and explain. I'm about to come over there and kill both of you!" 

I then put my hands up saying "Okay, okay. Geez." I then turn to Scott and Lydia to start my explanation "Scott, Lydia do you guys remember me telling you of the transition process?" Scott then looks at me starting to understand and says ". . . . . Wait you mean?" 

Lydia then finishes "This was a part of the process?" I nod continuing "Yes when he and I came to an agreement he left my body but what I didn't mention was . . . . 

I . . . . Well . . . . This. He and I might be separate but without him close by I could . . . . . . . . . well not die but . . . . . I'll go crazy and that's putting it simply." 

I let that sink in before giving some more examples to help them better understand "it's like a coin. there's two sides of the coin, heads and tails. I'm heads and he's tails, but the two sides are still one coin. Does that make any since?" 

Lydia says ". . . . Yeah . . . . I think I get it. You're saying that even though your two individuals your still connected. like twins, similar to Ethan and Aiden. 

One will feel pain so will the other. You kill one than the other. . . Well won't die but they'll feel as though they have. Right! Or am I waaay off." I quickly tell her "NO! Not at all your exactly right!"

Words: 749