THIRTY-THREE

Happy reading! 🙂

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities.

ANOTHER WEEK passed

ANOTHER WEEK passed.

With only a few days remaining before summer vacation ends, Akari was busy doing her homework in the living room with most of her textbooks sprawling over the center table. Scratching her head, she was again in a pinch situation while solving a mathematical equation.

The area of a rectangle is 24 cm2. The width is two less than the length. What is the length and width of the rectangle?

She sighed and sweatdropped. This was a lot harder than she thought it would be.

Already fed up with the equations and numbers, she tossed her scratch papers with all her written solutions into the air. "That's it! I give up!!! No more numbers!!! My head's going to explode!!!" she cried out and kicked her legs in frustration. "How can a damn rectangle be so difficult to solve?!? It's just a freaking shape, darn it!!!"

Then, she plopped her face flat on her Math textbook and was in low spirits like she lost all hope in the world. She felt as if her soul was almost dragged out of her body with all the stupid numbers screwing her head.

"Ugh... I'm completely burned out... Math sucks..."

"Having a rough time, little shrimp?"

Akari turned her head lazily to her left side as she heard Izana's voice, her cheek still glued to the table. She watched the bleach-blonde male walk in her direction with a can of soda in his hand and flopped down on the couch, making himself at home.

This guy...

Eyeing him in awe, she sometimes wondered if he had ever gone to any school in particular. She would usually see him either in his casual clothing or his gang uniform. Not even once was a school uniform. Was he studying in a special school or something?

Izana arched an eyebrow when he caught her staring at him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Straightening herself up, Akari stretched her arms freely and seated herself on the carpeted floor facing the male. "What school did you come from, Iza-san?" she queried.

"Why do you ask?"

The girl shrugged. "It's just that I never saw you wearing a school uniform."

He hummed. "I rarely go to school, shrimp," he responded.

"What? Why? Aren't you supposed to be in high school already, Iza-san?"

"I am. I'm in my first year. But going to school is a pain. People are either afraid of me or just stupid enough to challenge me into a fight since I came from a reform school before."

Akari was taken aback a little, giving him a sympathetic look. She almost forgot about it. "Oh, right. You did say you were sentenced to juvie for a misdeed."