THIRTY-FIVE

New update. Enjoy reading.

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Assault. Violence. Mention of suicide.

AKARI FLUTTERED her eyes open with a splitting headache

She could see nothing but absolute darkness. A wave of pain surged through every bone of her petite body as she tried to move herself. Her mind was murky. She was disoriented that she had a hard time thinking.

What the hell happened to her? Was she kidnapped?

Again?

Or just one of her nightmares?

Was she even in her own room? Or was she somewhere else?

She compelled her stupid brain to concentrate, trying to piece everything out and refrain from panicking. She should analyze her situation first and recall the events that happened to her prior to her blackout.

She remembered hanging out with Izana around Yokohama City and then, they went to the beach using his motorbike. The pair stayed there until almost sundown before the tanned male decided to drop her off in the apartment complex and kissed her goodbye on the forehead. He didn't even want to leave her just yet. Nonetheless, she convinced him that she'll be fine and that she will immediately call him if she was in grave danger.

Not long after, Chiako came to visit her in the evening. They ate the food her aunt brought for dinner and talked about random things. The older woman kept asking her if she was alright being alone in the apartment and the young girl meekly replied that she was all good.

Until a doorbell rang.

"Are you expecting someone this evening, Akari-chan?" Chiako asked the girl in confusion as she glanced at the ravenette.

Akari only shook her head. Her heart raced all of a sudden at the thought that the person at the door might be Izana and was checking up on her. Yet, she promptly dismissed the idea since he just texted her not too long ago that he came back to his own apartment. However, he was flooding her inbox with the same exact messages about calling him as soon as she was in danger, making her drop a sweat.

Chiako rose to her seat. "I'll go get it," she volunteered and walked out of the dining area before Akari could stop her.

Minutes had passed and her aunt hadn't returned yet to the dining area. This made the ravenette feel slightly uneasy and stood up from her seat without finishing her meal.

Worried, she precipitously followed the older woman to the doorstep, only to come to an abrupt stop when the lights in the entire apartment suddenly switched off, making everything dark and eerie.

Akari felt a new profound fear as she hated the darkness more than anything. It reminded her so much of her past. Amidst her blue eyes straining to see through the surrounding murkiness of the night, the ravenette continued to walk warily towards the front door.