TWENTY-EIGHT

This might be a boring chapter. New update. Happy reading.

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Puppy Love.

AKARI SHOT her blue eyes wide open

It was already late at night and she hardly slept a wink. She ended up staring directly at the dark ceiling for a few minutes before hauling herself up from her futon to sit.

She looked around her surroundings and saw everyone was fast asleep in their futons. Lucky for them. She felt a movement beside her. It was one of her teammates who slept like a toddler, her blanket was partially peeled off from her body. She giggled and hence, fixed the blanket for the girl. Then, she slowly rose from the thin mattress and decided to step outside to breathe some fresh air. She carefully tiptoed her way out of the room to not disturb any of her sleeping teammates.

Thankfully, the hallway was dim-lit when she walked out of the room due to the moonlight seeping through the glass windows. It will at least help her see the path clearly.

Akari was lost in thought as she was walking at a slow pace to nowhere in particular. There were a lot of things occupying her mind right now. But only one was dominant.

It was already been three days since the start of the softball training camp.

It was also been three days since she had her last conversation with Izana. She attempted to contact his number every night on the telephone after her practice, yet her calls were always sent to his voicemail. Does he even receive any of them? She wouldn't know if he sent her a reply unless she had her phone with her.

She can't help but be constantly concerned about him. She knew he could take care of himself just fine as Ran would often tell her before when Izana stayed in Shibuya for two weeks. However, she can't get rid of this overwhelming anxiety stinging in her chest. Her intuition was telling her that something dreadful had transpired without her knowledge.

Or was it only her imagination?

No, she knew it wasn't. This odd feeling she had was the same as the one three years ago. It was like a warning not only for her but for those around her as well. And that omen came to materialize when her older sister was...

Her footsteps abruptly came to a halt, her body went still. She shook her head. No. Don't go there. She didn't want to recall the past. Remembering it will only trigger her headache furthermore. The pain was too much unbearable for her to endure.

Akari was about to walk again when she heard a female voice from behind.

"Huh? Akari-chan, is that you?"

The ravenette whirled her body around and her vision landed on Hayase Iori's figure, her senior and the softball team's catcher. She bowed her head to the older female. "Hello, senpai," she greeted casually.