THIRTY-NINE

This book is almost reaching 50k reads! Thank you so much for the support, readers!

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Manipulation.

"Y-YOU REALLY didn't have to do this, Iza-san

"Y-YOU REALLY didn't have to do this, Iza-san. I-I can feed myself, you know," Akari stated, embarrassed, as she stared at the fork pointed closely to her mouth with a sliced apple in it, her cheeks slightly tinted in pink.

"No. Your hands are still weak. You can't even grip a chopstick properly," Izana replied nonchalantly and kept pushing the utensil into her closed lips. "Now, open your mouth and say 'ah'."

Akari only grimaced at him, yet, she complied and ate the given apple. "Why am I only eating porridge and fruits anyway? I want to eat meat," she said after swallowing the fruit.

"Didn't you hear what Inoue instructed you when she visited you last time? You're only allowed to eat soft foods with mild seasoning for now."

"But I missed eating spicy ramen," she whined, protruding her lips into a pout. Then, she looked at him with pleading eyes. "Can I eat taiyaki? Pretty please, Iza-san? The taiyaki's texture is soft and squishy. I'm at least permitted to eat it, right?"

Izana stopped feeding her and sighed in defeat at her stubbornness. He placed the plate with the apple slices back on the table. "Alright. I'll buy you a box tomorrow."

The young girl's face lit up. A wide smile crept across her lips. "Really? Yay! Thank you, Iza-san!"

Izana couldn't help but mimic her smile as well. He missed seeing her this cheerful. "Just finish eating those. You still have to recover your strength, Akari," he said, pertaining to the apple slices. "And I'll promise to bring you tons of taiyaki."

Akari nodded sharply with sparkles in her eyes. "I will! I will!" Then, she pointed her mouth to him. "You may feed your lovely queen now with her royal snack, my king."

Izana scoffed. "You'll do anything for a taiyaki, do you? And who says you're lovely? You looked more like a walking skeleton to me, shrimp," he jeered, his lips forming a lopsided grin at her.

Akari wrinkled her eyebrows. "Hey, that's mean! I haven't eaten proper food for the past three months, you know," she reasoned out. "C'mon, your gorgeous queen is waiting!" She opened her mouth to him. "Aahh~"

Izana only rolled his eyeballs and chuckled at her childish behavior. He grabbed the plate again from the table and started feeding her with the remaining apple slices until nothing was left. He passed her a bottle of water.

"Thank you," Akari said, beaming, and drank the given water before handing it back to him.

Izana ruffled her hair. "Good girl."

The ravenette giggled and soon fell quiet as she watched him arranging the plate and the empty water bottle on the overbed table without standing from his seat.

The Boss Queen (Izana Kurokawa) COMPLETED 👑On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara