sixty nine

chapter sixty nine: honeymoon phases

Waking up knowing that the world is going to end should be a terrifying thought, it should make you scared and it definitely should make you feel at least the slightest bit uneasy. For some reason, Five felt no such feelings when he woke up in the kitchen of the hotel in the early hours of the morning.

He woke with a start, pots falling over onto the floor with loud clatters as he moved, "Ugh, why?" he groaned as lifted his head from the bowl he was using as a pillow for some reason.

Five sat up slightly, "Ant?" he groaned slightly, waiting for a response. "Anthony?" he sat up properly, eyes scanning the room as he realized that he was actually alone. "What did I even get up to last night?" he mumbled to himself.

He felt cold, and that made sense once he realized he wasn't wearing his waistcoat or his blazer, just his unbuttoned shirt that was hanging off of him. He glanced at himself, at least he was wearing his shoes but he was sure the suit pants he was wearing were actually Anthony's and not his.

"Fuck," he mumbled as he pushed himself down off of the shelf, almost falling as he struggled with all of the metal pots and pans.

He grabbed his blazer off of the floor, realizing only them that his tie was also missing. Five rolled his eyes as he glanced at the mess in the kitchen, deciding it wasn't worth cleaning up and just leaving the room entirely instead.

Five made his way down the hallway, not even being able to remember what room he had left his husband in, so he just had to try and guess.

The first door he opened was empty, the second was where Lila and Diego had been; safe to say he closed that door faster than he had opened it.

He stopped in front of the last door at the end of the hall, opening it and smiling once he was sure that he had been in the right room. Five walked over to the bedside, looking down at his husband; who lay on his side against the pillows, one of his wrists still attached to the headboard with Five's tie wrapped loosely around it.

"Hey," Five poked him lightly.

Anthony stirred slightly as he opened his eyes, the feeling of a headache almost immediately coming onto him. "Good morning" he smiled at his husband, using his free hand to rub his eyes while Five leaned over and began untying his other hand.

"You slept like this all night?" Five asked, tossing his tie aside before lifting Anthony's wrist up and kissing it gently, his fingers running over the faint red mark.

Anthony smiled lazily at him "You know the way you blink when you're drunk?" he asked, "Yeah not exactly the best thing while we were...y'know."

"Oh. Sorry about that," Five mumbled, picking up his waistcoat off of the floor and placing it onto the desk next to the bed. "I was drunk."

"You don't say," Anthony smiled sarcastically.

Five smiled, leaning down to kiss him for a moment before he stood back up, going to walk in the opposite direction.

Anthony reached forward, one of his hands grabbing onto Five's and holding holding him back from walking away, "Stay here for a few minutes?"

Five looked at him "We have things to do."

"Babe the world is ending and we're literally going to die today, I think you can spend a few minutes longer in bed with me," Anthony told him with a slight pout, "You know you want to, I mean you did leave me tied to the bed all night, we didn't even get to sleep together last night."