fifteen

chapter fifteen: prosthetic

Anthony didn't know how a prosthetic eyeball was going to help them stop the apocalypse that was due in only a matter of days, but he had figured out a while ago that it was easier to just not question Number Five's tactics, because most of the time he knew what he was doing. First, they had tried just going to the place where the eye would be made, but unsurprisingly, they didn't get any information and were just told to leave.

"You think the doctor was homophobic?" Anthony asked, lifting his head up from the pillow "He had something against us, so he really had to be, right?"

Five stood at the window, gazing out at the people who walked below it on the street "You do know you can't blame every inconvenience in your life on homophobia, right?" he asked.

Anthony sat up "I can, and I will"

"He didn't even know you were gay" Five replied.

"Of course he did" he said.

Five shook his head "How would he even know?"

"I mean, just look at me" Anthony replied.

"What does that even mean-" Five started before he shook his head "You know what? Never-mind, we need to get back on task"

"Right, well what exactly is the plan here? Because you never tell me shit" he complained "Like the time you didn't tell me that you were fucking another person behind my back"

"I told you already, I'm going to pretend that Klaus is my dad" Five explained "Because if they won't listen to two seventeen year olds, they might listen to the man who actually looks like he's thirty"

"He's probably high" Anthony commented.

"You don't know that" Five defended.

Anthony tilted his head slightly and chuckled "No, I literally just saw him smoking a blunt, he asked me if I wanted a hit"

Five rolled his eyes "And did you?"

He grinned "Hell yeah"

"You're telling me that you're high right now?" Five asked, crossing his arms.

"Just a tad bit" Anthony made a small gesture with his thumb and pointer finger, closing one eye as he looked through it "It was only a couple hits"

Five scoffed "You're unbelievable"

"I'm depressed" Anthony defended.

"Yeah? Well drugs doesn't help that" Five replied.

"Oh my God, you're literally so boring" Anthony commented "I feel great right now, so just shut the fuck up maybe? Plus, this is all your fault so just shut up"

"Don't tell me to shut up" Five replied.

"Don't tell me what to do" Anthony argued.

"Why don't you shut up?" he suggested.

"Why don't you make me?" Anthony asked.

Five narrowed his eyes and looked at him for a few seconds "You're so stoned"

Anthony only shook his head, laughing "Wait, so if Klaus is your father, what does that make me? Do I have like a cover story?" he asked.

"You can be his son too" Five suggested.

Anthony visibly grimaced "That's fucking disgusting"

"Yeah...I didn't think that one through" Number Five agreed as he turned around to face the boy "But I'm sure he's not going to ask who you are, and if he does just say that you're my friend or something"'