twenty six

chapter twenty six: everything

"I love this, Five"

The two lovers sat on the old rooftop of Anthony's old childhood apartment building; Five sitting leaning against the wall for support, and Anthony laying with his head on his lap. Five sat with one arm behind his head, his other hand tangled in Anthony's hair and softly brushing through it repeatedly.

"What part?"

They both gazed up at the sky, watching as the clouds turned different colours while the sun slowly began to set. They had both been admiring it in silence for a while, just enjoying being in each other's company. It was a weird feeling, because it was the first time in a long time that they had both felt so at peace with each other.

Number Five felt completely calm, a feeling that he wasn't all too familiar with. He was trying to come to terms with it all; because there was going to be no more apocalypses, no more Commission, no more being alone and stuck out of time. It was just going to be him, his lover, and his family; which was all he ever really wanted.

"Everything"

"Everything?"

"Everything" Anthony confirmed, his green eyes looking up at his lover with a totally doped out expression "I love this, I love you, I love us"

Number Five chuckled softly, his hand running down his lover's forehead lightly, passed his nose, grazing his lips only slightly and then finding its place on his chin, before his thumb ran up his jawline slowly "I love us too" he paused "Honestly, I can't believe that you're actually real and that you're mine, I don't know what I did to deserve you"

Anthony scoffed "Shut up, you talk so much shit all the time" he muttered, but his lips still curled into a small smile "You're down bad, babe"

"See, that's the smile I love to see" his hand moved away from his partner's jawline and moved back towards his lips, running his thumb along with bottom lip slowly "But really, you're quite literally the best thing that could've possibly happened to me. I don't know what I would do without you"

Anthony could feel his own pulse quicken and his face getting warmer quickly "Shut up" he repeated, sitting up so he could meet his husband at eye level "Honestly, how do you not get tired of saying all this sappy shit all the time?" he asked.

"Believe me, I will never get tired of you" Number Five replied with a smile "Fuck, you're just so beautiful, you do know that right?"

"Shut up" Anthony repeated again.

Number Five studied his partner's face intensely for a couple of moments, his eyes lingering for just a second too long, flickering down from his eyes, to his lips and back up again "Can I kiss you?" he asked.

Anthony looked at him "Yes, please" he replied, his voice barely coming out as a whisper.

Five moved both of his hands so he could cup the sides of his lover's face, before he moved forward and kissed the boy's forehead. Anthony closed his eyes in bliss as he felt Five's lips move down to his cheek, then over along the bridge of his nose, followed by his other cheek. He then moved down his jawline, repeatedly peppering kisses along it until he reached the other side of his face.

Number Five then moved back, before leaning forward and pressing their foreheads together "I love you" he said in a whispered tone, almost as if he was scared that someone was going to hear them, as if it was something he wasn't allowed to say out loud.

"I love you" Anthony replied, because he never liked saying the 'too' because to him it seemed forced and not entirely genuinely "I love you" he repeated again.