four

chapter four: clandestine meetings

Anthony let out a sigh of boredom as he lay on the couch with his head in Five's lap, his eyes fixated on the ceiling. When his sigh was ignored by the older man, he let out an even more dramatic sigh in order to get his full attention.

"What's wrong with you?" Five finally asked, taking his eyes away from his book and bringing them to look down at the man.

"Took you long enough to notice," Anthony muttered, before he rolled over onto his stomach, propping himself up with his forearms. "I'm bored."

"What do you want me to do that about that?" Five asked, looking back at his book, flicking the page with his hand, the other hand reaching forward and running through Anthony's hair.

He sighed, "I don't know."

He could think of a few things...

"Then why are you complaining to me?" Five asked, not even glancing back at him.

"I don't know" Anthony repeated, turning over and resuming his previous position with his head in Five's lap, gazing up at the man, who was now looking back at him.

They stated at each other for a moment. "You're so beautiful, you know that, right?" Five asked, his hand leaving his book and reaching down to touch Anthony's face lightly, running a finger down his forehead, past his nose, grazing his lips, before resting on his chin.

"I look terrible right now," Anthony replied.

"No you don't" Five shook his head, his finger making it's way back to his lips, pushing into his mouth and resting it there for a moment "I think you're the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen."

"Shut up" Anthony told him, pushing his hand out of his mouth before he sat up, meeting Five at eye level, the slight red tint evident on his face.

"I'm serious" Five replied, his eyes scanning Anthony's face. His gaze was intense, almost as if he was studying him.

He resisted the urge to make a dad joke.

Anthony began to feel slightly nervous until Five's intense gaze, and he decided to avoid eye contact completely, glancing over to the side of the room Wow what a nice rug "You know, I was thinking-"

"Look at me when you talk" Five told him.

Anthony brought his eyes to meet Five's, blinking a few times before shaking his head and letting out a small breathy laugh "I don't remember what I was going to say now, you distracted me"

"I doubt it was very important then" Five mumbled, his eyes dropping down to his lips and staying there for a moment, before he looked him in the eye once again "Is it okay if I kiss you?"

He just looked at him for a few seconds, before he nodded slowly. Number Five leaned forward slightly, closing his eyes as Anthony did the same, meeting each other halfway. The chaste kiss only lasted a couple seconds, before they both pulled away slightly, still maintaining the close proximity that they shared. Anthony was the one to pull the man back in towards him, connecting their lips once again, and Five kissed back with more intensity than last time, which only prompted his counterpart to follow him and do the same.

Anthony moved his body to hover over Five slightly, before lowering himself onto his lap. He shuffled himself slightly, and the contact also elicited a low groan from Five. He reached down and wrapped an arm around Anthony's waist, his other hand holding onto the back of the man's neck. Anthony kept one hand on the side of Five's face, the other tangling itself in his hair.