Chapterish 26

We spend the day cruising around in my Jeep to current hot spots in LA. None of the guys have been before, so it's fun taking them to iconic places. Mostly all the places Cece and I love.

Santa Monica Pier. Venice Beach. Hollywood Boulevard. Typical tourist trap shit.

After a quick afternoon run at the Memorial Coliseum (where Nate shows us all up), we head back to my apartment for showers and lunch. I text Cece to meet up so I can introduce her to the guys, but she's stuck in a shoot all afternoon.

The guys tell me they'll all be in NYC next weekend. I get updates on Trix and Meg and Whit, and the baby. Can't help but notice a walking on eggshell vibe when Travis mentions all the bridesmaids will be there next weekend.

Of course I know Emmy is going. She wouldn't not go just because of me. Not that she'd have any reason not to. She's the one who didn't use the plane ticket.

I think about the group text, about the pic Emmy sent with herself and some guy. I know his name, but he'll always just be some guy to me.

Zero reason at all for NYC to be weird between any of us.

...

We go back to Edge for dinner and a night cap. Cece is finally able to join us around 8 PM. She arrives, looking celebrity as ever, with Randa and Florence and a third girl in tow.

I know all my boys are wifed up or soon to be wifed up, but it doesn't hinder their appreciation of the smoke show models on the rooftop right now.

"Cece, these are the guys," I say, fanning my arms out. "Travis, Alex, Nate –This is Cece."

They're all charmed, instantly taken by her rapturous beauty. Seriously who even uses that word anymore and why does Cece make me want to have better vocabulary.

"Hi guys. I'm so glad to officially meet you," Cece says, beaming.

She hugs them one by one, and I'm surprised by how easy the introduction feels. Like maybe I've always been dating Cece and the guys have always known her.

"So what did you guys do today? Was Brooks a good host?" Cece asks, leaning her head into my shoulder.

"Course I was." I squeeze her waist.

Travis and Alex start recapping our day, I finish my drink and leave it at the bar.

Randa makes us fresh caipirinhas and we settle into the couches beneath the infested pergola. A nice floral scent invades the air and I can't tell if it's the flowers or Cece beside me.

The night is filled with laughter and the sounds of photos snapped by Randa. Even Florence is more personable than usual.

Nate asks Cece tons of questions about the movie premiere. Apparently Meg showed him the pics of us on the red carpet. Cece goes on and on about being semi-famous but how she doesn't think of herself as a celebrity.

I laugh to myself. Only a celebrity would say that.

It is the most relaxing night in a while and I wonder if it's because of having the guys here or just being happy that Cece has finally met them sans any disaster.

The girls leave around 10 PM. Cece has an early start in the morning, so I can't blame her. I kiss Cece goodbye and promise not to stay too late and already apologize for how rowdy the boys will be later.

"Okay, let's have it," I say, falling into the chair again.

"Have it?" Travis asks, doling out cigars across the fire pit table.

"What do you mean?" Nate asks, polishing off his drink.

"Cece." I stare at them, waiting.

"Great. Love her." Nate says.