Chapterish 10

| CAPE MAY |

GIRLS' DAY OR SOMETHING LIKE IT

Zoë and I ride share from PHL International to Cape May. It feels good to be back on USA time, even if I'm still not back to Seattle time yet.

The whole drive back, I remind myself of everything that's changed since the last time I was home.

Trix and Travis have a BABY! No, I'm not kidding. Yes, she's a nugget and a half.

Meg and Nate got engaged. So surprised I fell off my bed.

Alex and Whit eloped to Las Vegas in the most white-chapel wedding imaginable.

Lauren's sister Angela got knocked up on a third date. So love that for her.

Brody officially started managing Star Resorts and merged with his mom's B&B. Such an adult.

My parents painted the kitchen and got a new hot tub out back.

I added two new bracelets to my left-arm stack and opened a second Go Zen studio. *Takes a bow*

We turn into my parent's driveway, and I recognize Nate's red Jeep coming down the lane. It is a perfectly overcast day, and the salty spray makes it feel colder than it is. May feels more like October on the cape. The Jeep comes to a stop and Meg is already sliding down from the driver's seat before I even open my door, Trix and Whit in tow.

"AHH! EMMELINE!" Trix skips across the lawn and lands on me in a hug.

"Hi bestie," I say with a mouthful of her red hair. Her cherry hair tastes as good as it smells. How?

"Hey Ems," Meg says, joining us. "Welcome home!"

"Hi girlie." Even Whit goes in for the hug. Bold.

"Hi guys and welcome to my house," I laugh.

Zoë rolls our bags from the trunk and meets us on the grass.

"This is my fab Go Zen babe, Zoë" I sling an arm around her shoulder and face her towards my hometown homies. Even Whit.

"Nice to meet you for real, instead of just accosting you in the studio and forcing you to tell me where Emmy lives," Trix jokes, hugging Zoë. I think back to the time Trix showed up in Seattle and forced Zoë to give her directions to my Loft.

"What's up guys? I'm so glad I can finally meet the infamous east coasters," Zoë grins.

"Please, you're the one who keeps an eye on Ems when she's out west," Meg jokes, the disdain she feels for the west crystal clear.

"You mean where I live?" I nudge her.

"For now," Trix shrugs.

"I can't believe I haven't seen you since you had a baby!" I hug Trix again.

"I can't believe she had a baby TWO MONTHS AGO," Meg stresses. "Look at her bod. Plus her boobs got HUGE. I hate you."

I spot Trix's boobs, and they did, in fact, get even bigger and better looking. Only her.

"Where is zee angel face, Isla? I want to squeeze her?" I joke.

"She's having some quality dad time with Travis," Trix says. "My boobs needed a break."

I fish the spare key from inside the cracked planter by the door and we file into my house. Zoë leaves our suitcases by the stairs and everyone follows me into the kitchen. The whole room smells like the grapefruit plug-in my mom left in the wall outlet.

"Can't wait for our girls' day," Trix says. "Perfect weather to binge watch movies and do nothing else."

"Yea, where are all your dumb men? I expected a 100-person greeting party."

"Travis has the babe, of course." Trix rearranges her boobs.

"Nate is training some dude at the gym. Makes hella cash for personal sessions," Meg explains.

"And her hubby is out house shopping!" Trix says, pinching Whit's perfectly toned arm.

"And you didn't join?" I ask, hoping I don't sound accusatory or jealous or something.

"House is all him," Whit says, shaking her head. "We are living in his dinky old apartment, so any house he finds is a step up."

Oh, the memories in that dinky old Blink 812-poster riddled apartment. I'm always pleasantly surprised by how laid back and low maintenance Whit is. What other girl would let her husband pick out her MF house?

"Speaking of," I turn to Whit. "Congrats in person."

"Thank you!" Whit's smile reaches her ears. "And what about you and a certain hottie I keep seeing you post?"

"That hottie would be Josh," I can't help but smile.

"We stan Josh," Trix nods appreciatively.

"So, girls day today?" Meg

"I call first movie is 13 Going on 30 to get Emmy in the mood." Trix laughs at herself as I eye roll.

"Yea, yea. Golden Hour of my twenties, I know." I shrug it off. Thirty is the new twenty and everyone knows it.

"I'm starved too. Let's order lunch," Meg says, sitting on the end of the couch. "Cheesesteaks for us non-Veg heads."

"Cute nickname," I tease.