Chapter 18

chapter 18

Brent POV

               I was lucky I didn't break my neck, when the couch tipped over and I went flying out. If I didn't react as fast as I did the table would have greeted my face with a bang. Let me rewind a bit, I got tired of waiting for my slow ass mate and was getting ready to sleep in the living room when I had a nightmare. I saw myself falling endlessly from the skies and the ground was getting closer...huh sounds familiar, but this time the ground was coming so rapidly that I put my hands out in front of me.

      I actually stopped myself from falling, but to be hit by a heavy load of weight. My arms couldn't support the weight any longer and so they gave out to be squeezed. The pain on my back felt so real I snapped my eyes open to see the couch was flipped over. The pillow cushions the table just a few inches from my face wasn't so important. Something behind the sofa was having my fullest attention.

               Pure grayish blue eyes watched, a slight playful side sparkled as they grew wide. A teasing smile danced on light blushed cheeks. Laughter rumbled from the only one I can call mine. Cole. In dark blue pajama bottoms and nothing but a bare chest he had flipped the sofa over. Dangerous love, “why are you sleeping here?” Cole asked helping me up.

I stared at him as if he was going crazy, “I sleep here, remember?”

             Cole rolled his eyes and leaving the evidence of my nightmare he pulled me upstairs. “Don't say a word, my room is your room.” he watched me from the corner of his eyes. If I show how happy I was he would change his mind.

            A smile threatened to reveal itself, I tried my best to hold it back. I like this new and improved Cole...sometimes. When we were on top of the staircase, if felt like someone was watching us. Chris was spotted peeking out of a light opening from his room door.

A grin was clearly on his face, and he gave me yet another wink before gently closing the door. Cole didn't seem to realize that Chris was acting as spy. He continued pulling me to his...room?

         Wow, I walked in to a whole new room. Not really but I liked one change the guys decided to do. Throw away all those weird and embarrassing posters Cole had up.

“Wipe that smirk off your face,” I looked down at Cole. He was giving me a shy smile, but being him he also gave a glare that he wanted to murder me.

“I don't have a smile...” I said trying my hardest not to laugh at his expression.

“Then what's this on your face?” He poked my cheek with a cold finger.

Ignoring his finger I leaned in and gave him a kiss on his soft lips. He responded rather passionately.