Chapter 14

Dedicated to RandomFan, thanks for voting on all my chapters and fanning! ^.^

~this chapter is a filler, explains what Brent was thinking when he on the roof.. Also gives important info~

Brent pov

My heart was beating, I could feel my ribs ready to collapse with the strength of each beat. Blood rushed to my brain, if it weren't for Chris I would have passed out on the ground. But i couldn't show my weakest to him, no not him. My whole body was shaking. I can't believe this, my mind couldn't process the fact of the riddle. I finally figured out the meaning. Thanks to Chris, who shoved me on the floor and dragging me to 'hang' with him this morning, my thoughts drifted to Missy. Damn her, she was planning something but what?

Anyways,I was actually pretty nervous about hanging with Chris, reason:

What the hell does hanging mean in his term, I thought I was going to be tied on a rope and lifted on top of a tree branch to see a bird's eye view of the town.

No, it was nothing like that, Chris just wanted me out of the house before Nash's wolf came. It Made me wonder who this Nash was.

Chris made me forgot about that guy when we went to get a hair cut, he said something about Cole not like Justin Bieber hair style. I will do anything for Cole, so I stupidly agreed to get my hair cut. I don't even know who Justin Bieber is! Who knew I had his hair style in the first place, no wonder Cole doesn't like me. With this new look, he might accept me.

"So, you're sayin' Thomas is in charge of the house while, all of you go to this stupid meeting?" Chris asked through a weird looking device. He looked like he was talking to himself, just add a square looking black thing to his ears.

He paused and turned to me, "yeah, I got it, jeez Kim I'm not goin' to throw a party, okay and I'll tell Cole to be safe. Bye." Chris gave a sigh and looked up at me. A unicorn must have took a crap on my face and made me wear a pair of antlers, because Chris gave me an alerted expression.

"You okay, man?"

No, I wasn't okay, the damn riddle, I think I figured it out.

'Thy wings fall when not connected', must be my wings and the connected part I'm guessing it's a mate connection. Angels start sharing their souls when they're completed mated, if the mates don't come together fully than their wings begin to thin out and will be unable to fly.

'Dress of pink goes there silently burn';Missy is always wearing a dress and lately she's been giving this strange vibe. She has a plan up her butt. She's sneaky, which explains the silent part, and will try to burn something.

The last part of the riddle is what makes me worried, even though High World practically threw me out, I still care about my hometown. So the ending, 'down will collapse blue sky of the clouds yet so high' is supposedly High World falling to ruins. I can't let that happen.

Chris snapped his fingers a few times, his mouth was moving but no words were coming out. Why can't I hear, his face suddenly turned pale, eyes wide, and he stumbled back a couple of steps. Shaken, he put his hand out in front of him.

"Calm down." His voice came as a whisper,he was scared, I could smell fear steaming off his body. I could see, his blood rush to his chest, i could hear his heart beat.

Thump Thump

I was confused, how can I smell his fear if I was still weak as a human. His throbbing neck was making my throat bubble as if i was thirsty. I suddenly felt hungry, no...no I need to snap out of this.

The only way I could stop this is for Cole to accept me. "Two wings must connect," I growled to myself and gave a sour expression. "Missy, she can't do this." I mumbled to myself.