Chapter 17: The Good Doctor.

*****

The Good Doctor.

†Later That Night:†

†Tuesday: 12:45am†

Zayn was in his study room going through the document that Prof. Stein had given him. During the process he thought about his meeting with his father that night, it wasn't awkward nor was it comfortably spontaneous. He thought of what the man had said about his foes coming after him. Was his father really serious about that? Why the heck would they come after him in the first place? I guess the sins of the father are held accountable upon the children.

The sudden assassination of his grandfather was still a mystery yet unraveled. He wondered if it was one of his father's enemies that might have eliminated the late Emir, perhaps it could be someone from their clan who was interested in the throne.

There were times in the past when some old folks wanted the throne for themselves so fought for it until his late grandfather, Ali came victorious and the vanquished were forced to leave the land. From that period the Ali dynasty lasted till date, even after he was murdered in cold blood. He had heard his father and Abu Khalifa(the current emir) discussing this topic but he was too young to understand anything then.

The conflicting images from his past were still another thing he couldn't wrap his head around. There was this void space in his heart. Just what was his father hiding? He thought reuniting with him would fill that void and bring him a certain level of joy but it didn't. It made him question everything instead. He had some interesting findings to do but he would have to deal with this case first.

A few minutes later, his phone rang up and he saw that it was Prof. Stein calling, so he picked up the phone. He had called to discuss their meeting at the hospital. They exchanged greetings and started a discussion shortly.

"I was just wondering if the boy's family has any history of chronic illness." Zayn inquired and listened to the man on the other end.

"I don't know. We'll have to find out."

"In that case, I'd like to talk with at least one of his blood relatives, maybe a close member of his family."

"I suggest you talk to his mother. One more thing, I was considering bringing in a specialist. Someone who's specialized in the field." Prof. Stein was considering bringing in an expert in pathology since he and Zayn didn't specialize in that area. While Zayn was a plastic surgeon, he was a neurologist. Studying a case like that without the guidance of an expert would prove more difficult than necessary.

" I wouldn't recommend sending him to a specialist until he can be taken off life support," Zayn suggested closing the files in front of him as he stood up and walked towards the direction of his room.

"We are not sending him to the specialist. We're bringing in the specialist." Prof. Stein put forward and Zayn nodded as he stepped into his bedroom.

"I understand, well, bring all the specialists you can find. He deserves better treatment. I will cover all the expenses, if necessary we may have to bring in a highly qualified laboratory scientist." The man nodded at every word Zayn said. He admired his incredible resolve and enthusiasm towards the case. "In any case, we cannot let him die." He completed, heading towards the dressing mirror. He examined himself in the mirror, running a hand under his chin. There was something under his neck, pimples. He ignored it, noticing the stubble on his face.

They spoke for a few more minutes before ending the call, meanwhile, Zayn was heading for his bed.

He put the phone away, on the headboard, and slipped into his bed, realizing how tired he was. He just had to force himself to sleep even if he didn't feel like it.