Chapter 8: Perfect Collision.

His reality turned into a nightmare the very first day it collided with her world. They could have avoided it, whether it was by accident or by design, but somehow it became a collision worth having.

*****

Perfect Collision

Aliya offered to show me the way to the bathroom, so I followed as she led the way. The sound of our heels clicking on the floor and Aliya's voice complaining to me about her school project as if I could be of any help to her was the only source of sound as we strode across the wide and lonely corridor. Never have I ever wished that I were a speedster as it took forever to reach the bathroom. The house was too large, making the distance to the bathroom a journey to the moon. By now I was finding it difficult to hold it in order not to mess myself up.

I WAS SO PRESSED!

I kept looking around as we strode from one hallway to the other. The artifacts on the walls were beautiful, large, and magnificent. There was one exceptionally large frame of a painting hung on one of the walls, it was a picture of an old man, maybe an Emir because he was all dressed like a Sultan. I liked that one in particular and made an internal promise to come to take a close look at it once I'm done.

Once in the bathroom, I took off my heels and walked barefoot to do my business. I could feel the coldness of the tiles underneath my feet. The walls in the bathroom were made entirely of mirror glass. I went over to the washbasin to rinse my face, I didn't need to turn on the faucet as water automatically flowed out once my hands were under the tap.

Wow! Cool huh!

Luxury is a bitch!

Anyways, Alhamdulillah for the peaceful life, I was living even though we didn't have much in my family. At least I had hope that we would one day become wealthy, that is if I worked hard enough. The goal was to become independent and have my own money. I was determined to stick to the process. There was no need to rush, especially when I knew where I was heading. I couldn't begin to take longer steps than I could manage because becoming desperate and jumping any of the steps might ruin everything I had worked for. I was not greedy, I was simply ambitious with high self-esteem.

Once I was done rinsing my hands, I dried them over the dryer and subsequently collected a piece of toilet paper that was hung loosely from the roll where the tissue dispenser had been mounted on the wall.

When I got out of the bathroom, Aliya was gone so I began tracing my way back to the room where the party was being held. I strode the hallway admiring the paintings on the wall. I felt like I was in the gallery gazing at those wonderful images.

My eyes laid on one. It was an image of a giant centaur, holding the earth in one hand, and in the other was a long spear. The earth there was painted in the shape of a human brain and everything you could find on a globe was on both sides of the hemispheres which were separated by a thick dark line that ran through the middle of the brain. It was a weird yet magnificent image. I wondered how much it cost.

Whoever painted this piece is a genius. What does it signify? I thought to myself, turning around, just then I felt my face hit hard on something. Before I knew what was going on I heard the sound of breaking glass.

My eyes darted down to the floor to see a broken wine glass, spilled wine, and a phone laying face-down on the floor next to a pair of black shoes. My eyes traced the legs in the black shoes up until they fell on cold, piercing eyes. Like a pair of crystal shards that were glaring down at me.

I stared in shock for a moment and Subconsciously bent down to pick up the phone which I didn't know the brand of but I could tell it was an expensive one, possibly an iPhone.