PART 1

a quick reminder: the story will have a fast progression and might not exceed for more than 10 chapters. please bear in mind that the author does not want to extend this story, making it a little boring as the story progresses.

Eraserhead x Y/n

"Part 1"

            Being in the hero course was no easy feat, I literally had to break every bone and mend it back to become this strong component

Being in the hero course was no easy feat, I literally had to break every bone and mend it back to become this strong component. I had to sweat, breakdown and do everything in my power to become someone better, someone strong enough to protect those who can't protect themselves, someone capable of the great unknown. That was until, I had lost someone dear to me and it all crashed down right before my eyes. "She's dead, she committed suicide", her mother said to me as I answered the phone call. "The funeral's next week, Tuesday, and I thought that maybe you'd want to be here, Y/n", it was like the world turned into this sad melody that trapped me along its lines, its notes. "I'll be there, thank you for letting me know, Takana-san", I said softly, managing a smile through my face as I heard her mother's cries, her mother's breaking voice. That was when I truly felt empty, like I failed to do what I was taught in the hero course. Save those in need. That was once what Nejire told me. It was also what they taught us in the hero course, helping one another, helping and saving those in need, those who cannot save themselves. Now, how can I be a hero, when my own best friend, I couldn't save? She wasn't in the worst kind of trouble... actually she was and I wasn't there to help her.

My best friend and I, the best friend who became my sister and someone I grew up with, we were separated when I told her that I'd go to UA High, a school I've always dreamt of coming and a school that will fulfill my dreams. She was very supportive and we'd always talk to each other through phone calls and texts. We'd always know what the other was thinking. She might have entered a different school from me, but it was like we never left each other. Until my third year. I was busy with training, being a sidekick hero and helping people in the city. I was also busy with school works and our time together just went flat. I'd text her so many apologies and she'd say that it was alright, that she understood how busy being a hero was. But I never knew she was suffering mentally. Am I such a bad friend?

I couldn't still believe what I had come to know. She was really gone, from this world, from me. I burst into tears as my heart ached. Just then, a teacher had heard my cries and went to my aid, asking if I was alright. "Aizawa-sensei! I- well, I'm sorry to have been a bother", I said to him, wiping my tears away and managing a smile. "You're not a bother, Y/n. From the looks of it, that call wasn't of great news", he had his hands on his pockets as he talked to me casually. The four of us, Amajiki, Mirio, Nejire and I were in his classroom as Aizawa-sensei, introduced us to his students as the Big Four. I don't feel that title, but I was enthusiastic and excited to teach the Class 1-A. But then I received a call and excused myself.