Bonus Chapter

Sofia

Seven Years Later

"Papà, can I have some more gelato?" My six year old, Oriana asked.

"Ory, I told you no more. Two is enough." I scolded lightly.

She pouted her lips, wrapping her father, the badass Don of Chicago, even tighter around her finger as he nodded his head.

"Certo mio amore."

"Matteo, baby, she's had more than enough." I whispered loudly, elbowing him in his shoulder, but it was as if I was invisible.

When it came to his only daughter, Matteo was putty in her hands. Oriana could ask her father for the world and he'd lay it in front of her without question or doubt.

It didn't help that she looked like a miniature version of me and he claimed it was hard to say no to me so how was he supposed to say no to her.

She had my natural blonde hair, long and wavy, that I put into two braids, and my big blue eyes that she used more than her advantage when she wanted something from Matteo.

We weren't planning on having another child, since my pregnancy and labor with Oriana was almost dangerous to my health, so one was enough until we could find a better way for me to have another one.

We were in no hurry. Having one child was tiring and exhausting enough. Oriana was a demanding baby and toddler, and now at six years old I was scared we were going to raise a little monster.

She knew she was her father's weak point and at six years old, she was as brave and as cunning as him. We were at one of the parks in Italy for summer vacation and Ory already had her share of gelato, while Apollo laid by our feet soaking up the summer sun.

"What flavor, mio amore?"

"Chocolate."

"Matteo." I grabbed his elbow and he gave me a frowning look. "Baby, she won't hate you if you tell her no."

"It's just gelato, mia tesora, it's not harming anyone." He tried to reason and I let out a sigh.

"I'm not going to argue with you in front of her, but we talked about this. Limits, baby. Limiti."

He ran a hand over his beard, and looked over at Oriana that was sitting waiting patiently in her yellow polka dot sundress with matching glasses and a hat and shoes that probably cost more than the park itself.

"Last time." He whispered.

"Fine."

I gave in and once Matteo got up, so did Apollo. He was alert as he patted his feet over to where Matteo was standing.

"Apollo, hier."

I commanded in German and he halted his movements and came back over to where I was. He nuzzled his nose into my leg and I patted the top of his head.

"So ist brav." I praised him.

"Sofia, you want one?"

"No, I'm good, baby. Grazie."

I've not only learned German for Apollo and his training, but Italian. I wasn't fluent and still messed up occasionally, but I was doing pretty good to speak to our daughter and communicate better with Matteo.

"Ory." I ushered her over and she listened, coming to sit by me and Apollo. "Mamma said no to the gelato. Why did you ask papà?"

"Because I really wanted some."