Epilogue

Two Years Later

Matteo

"I know, I know. I'm late." I shouted.

Sofia was glaring at me with arms crossed over her chest as she stood by the car.

"You are late." She hissed, but I couldn't even take her seriously.

My woman's beautiful but when she was angry, she was even more fucking breathtaking. Her fiery red hair was let down, and it felt in waves down her back. those dangerous blue eyes of her were icy, but she'd melt soon enough.

"I know, mia tesora. I know." I kissed her cheek and she unclenched slightly. "I was dealing with some stuff."

"Are you okay?" She asked, her icy exterior long gone and she gave me a serious look.

"It's all good, mia tesora. Now, come on."

I grabbed her hand and we walked in towards the building together. I opened the doors for her and let her in first. We sauntered to where the woman that held the appointments was sitting, and she smiled at us.

She scanned the screen in front of her and then pointed us towards the room. I helped take off her coat and my hand spanned across her barely-there stomach.

"Did you have any morning sickness this morning after I left?" I asked.

She frowned. "Yes. I'm pretty sure our baby hates me."

"Not possible." I chuckled. I cupped her cheek and kissed her lips. "Are you excited to find out what we're having together?"

"Yes, but remember you can't tell anyone. I promised our parents we'd tell them together tonight after dinner."

"I remember."

I kissed her lips once more, and then pulled away when a nurse walked in with a gown for Sofia to change into.

She stepped out and I helped her take off her clothes and dressed her in the gown. I couldn't even help myself as I carried her onto the chair. She giggled and shook her head.

"I can walk."

"Yes, but what if you get dizzy like last time?"

"I was only dizzy because I was sore, and I wonder whose fault that was." She said accusingly as she glared playfully at me.

I chuckled sheepishly. "You told me you wanted to be sore!" I yelled, and she smacked my chest.

"They can hear you from the outside." She whispered.

There was a knock on the door and Sofia gave me a look as she sat up. Her doctor walked in, with her clipboard in her hand.

"How is mommy doing today?"

"I'm good, Dr. Sasha."

Doctor Sasha peered up at us from her clipboard with her big brown eyes that were covered with black reading glasses. Her black hair was in a tight bun, out of her way.

She set her pen down on the clipboard and walked over to where we were sitting. She turned on the machine and Sofia adjusted as she laid back down.

"Any complaints?"

"Morning sickness comes and goes in waves. Her breasts are a little tender. She has some back pain, migraines, and-"

"I'm asking mommy." Dr. Sasha interrupted me with a light laugh.

"He's very intuned with my pregnancy symptoms, as you can see," Sofia said, her cheeks a little flush.

"As I've explained to you before, morning sickness is very common and some mothers say it lasts a few months, while others experience it their entire pregnancy. Every mommy is different."