T W E N T Y F I V E

It was a few days later when the trio woke up to knocking at their front door. All three of them bolted upright at the sound, their initial reaction to unexpected guests always being one of panic. Connor was the first one to jump out of bed, quickly throwing on a pair of sweatpants.

"What time is it?" He asked, his voice low.

Murphy turned to check the clock next to their bed. "Ten." He replied.

Connor nodded before making his way out into the main area of the apartment, Murphy and Victoria remaining in bed and watching him. He checked through the peephole of the front door and breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Rocco standing on the other side.

"It's Roc." Connor called out, knowing that his brother and wife would also be relieved.

"The fucks he doin' here so early?" Murphy asked as Connor opened the door.

"What's goin' on, Roc?" Connor greeted, giving Rocco a quick handshake.

"I wake you guys up?" Rocco asked, stepping into the apartment.

Connor shut the door behind him and locked it. "Aye, but it's fine. Everythin' alright?"

Murphy stepped out into the kitchen area, Victoria at his side. "Mornin'."

"Hey, Roc." Victoria said with a smile, wearing one of the boy's jumpers.

"Murph, Tor, sorry for showing up unexpectedly." Rocco said, his face reddening slightly and the realization that he had just woken everyone up.

Victoria began filling up a kettle and then placed it on the stove. "Don't be sorry, you're welcome here anytime."

"Exactly." Connor agreed, taking a seat at the kitchen counter. "Gonna tell us what's up?"

"Oh, I just wanted to invite the three of you the Doc's tonight." Rocco began, an odd smirk on his face.

The trio stared at him in disbelief and confusion, unsure why he wouldn't just call to ask them something like that.

Murphy had stilled mid-stretch at the question, his arms above his head, one eyebrow raised. "The fuck?"

"Just thought you guys could meet Charlotte and I there." Rocco continued, his smirk evolving into a wide smile.

Connor and Murphy took a moment to process while Victoria snorted. "I was wondering when she'd call."

"You knew?" Rocco asked, his smile becoming a look of surprise.

Victoria laughed and she began pouring cups of coffee for everyone. "Yeah, Roc. She asked me at the club if she could ask for your number."

"Damn, Roc. Ye sure ye want us to come on yer date?" Connor asked, taking a sip from his coffee.

"Yeah, Charlotte said she figured a group thing would be fun." Rocco explained as Victoria handed him a cup of coffee.

Murphy walked over to Victoria and kissed her as she passed him his own mug. "O' course we'll come along then." He said, putting his arm around his wife and squeezing her towards him. "So do ye like this lass?"

"She's really cool." Rocco replied, suddenly having an aura of shyness about him. "Super pretty, too. It was nice getting to know her at the club."

"Well we're happy for you, Roc." Victoria said, smiling up at him. "You deserve to be happy."

Rocco's face reddened again as he drank from his mug, which amused Connor and Murphy. "It's usually you two assholes the girls are obsessed with." He laughed, looking at the brothers.