T W E N T Y T H R E E

The next few days seemed to both fly by and drag for the trio. Everything for the wedding had been organized, and now all they had to do was wait. From the outside, Murphy seemed to be the most excited; keeping their upcoming nuptials a secret was proving to be difficult for him, and was causing nearly daily arguments with Connor. Their arguments weren't too explosive, because to Murphy'a frustration, he also wanted to keep the secret.

"Murph, ye only have a couple more days to wait." Connor said, an amused expression on his face at his brother's frustration. He sat on the couch watching TV as Murphy paced around nearby.

"How are ye so patient with all this?" Murphy asked. "It's like ye not excited."

"I am excited, ye dick head." Connor said, snorting with laughter. "I'm also excited to be able to say I kept our plans a secret."

Murphy rolled his eyes and groaned. "Whatever, man. I can't believe ye don't wanna just scream out to everyone and tell them that this woman wants to be our wife."

Connor's smile fell slightly, but not because he was annoyed or upset. He had spent his whole life watching his brother be frustrated easily, but it was usually about something that had angered him. This time, it was because of pure love and excitement. Connor got to his feet. put his hand around the back of Murphy's neck, and leaned his forehead against his. "Two more days, brother. Two more days and I'll be right beside ye, screamin' to anyone who will listen."

Murphy took a deep breath, his eyes closed. "I just didn't think we'd ever be doin' this."

"Well, we are." Connor said, squeezing Murphy's neck before stepping back from him. "So, ye gotta hold it together."

Victoria had come home that afternoon after picking up her dress. She hid it in the closet, and gave the boys strict instructions not to look at it. She knew what kind of suits the brothers were wearing, but had chosen to wait until the wedding ceremony to see them wearing them.

That night, Victoria and Connor lay awake in bed together, talking quietly in order to not wake up Murphy. They both sat upright, their backs against the head board of the bed. Connor had joked that the level of impatience Murphy had been experiencing had made him way more tired than usual. Whilst Victoria would usually playfully tell Connor off for making fun of his brother, she seemed to agree with his theory.

"So, when are ye gonna go out with those girls from the bar?" Connor whispered to her, taking her hand in his.

"I'm not sure. She said she'd call at some point." Victoria explained. "I'm a little relieved she hasn't called yet, because we wouldn't be able to go out this weekend anyway."

"I didn't picture ye as a club person." Connor said, grinning at her.

"I'm definitely not. Well, maybe back in the day." Victoria said, leaning her head on Connor's shoulder. "Can't picture you two at a club either."

"Aye, neither can I." Connor said, stifling a laugh at the thought. "Funny to think I'll be a married man when I go to a club for the first time, though."

"Bummed you won't be able to pick up girls anymore?" Victoria teased, squeezing his hand.

Connor snorted with laughter and shook his head. "Is that the kind of guy ye take me for, love?"

Victoria swung one of her legs over Connor's lap, positioning herself on top of him. With her legs over either side of his, she now faced him, a smirk on her face. "You telling me you never used to go out for the sole purpose of picking up girls?"

Connor grinned at her, his hands now holding her hips. "Well actually, there was this one girl." He began, Victoria raising her eyebrows at him, internally unsure if she actually wanted to hear a story of Connor trying to pick someone up. "I'd go to this place purely to see this woman, I was enamored with her."