T H R E E

Connor, Murphy, and Victoria sat outside the hospital after their injuries being looked over, discussing what to do next. Murphy and Victoria sat on a bench, while Connor stood in front of them, a cigarette in his mouth. His wrists were bandaged up, as they had become raw and bloody from pulling the toilet out of the ground. Victoria's were also bandaged from struggling against her restraints, but they definitely hadn't looked as bad as Connor's.

"We need to go to the cops." Murphy said, lighting up his own cigarette. "They're gonna figure out pretty quickly that it was us who killed 'em."

"But won't we go to jail?" Victoria asked, feeling herself begin to panic.

"It was self defense. Plain and simple." Connor replied, pacing. He wasn't sure if he was trying to convince Victoria or himself.

A very important bit of information popped back into Victoria's head. One that made her stomach drop. "You're the Saints."

The boys looked at each other, both of them clearly remembering that she knew their secret now. There were a few moments of silence before one of them finally spoke up.

"We're so sorry ye got caught up in this, love." Murphy said, his eyes down on the ground and his voice low.

"Truly." Connor said, finally standing still and looking at her. "We never expected somethin' like this to happen."

"Who else knows?" She asked, a thousand questions swirling in her head.

"Only one or two others." Murphy explained, not wanting to name the other people who knew just yet. "Those Russian guys clearly figured it out. Let's just hope they didn't tell anyone else."

Connor sat down on Victoria's other side. "You're uh... you're not gonna tell anyone, are you?"

She furrowed her brow in confusion, before processing his question. "What? Of course not. I don't want you guys to be in more danger. Or put in jail." She was shocked they would even ask her.

They both breathed a sigh of relief. Connor put out his cigarette on the ground before getting to his feet again. "We tell the cops that they attacked us after the bar fight last night. It was self-defense."

Murphy turned to look at Victoria, his expression worried. "Are ye sure yer okay with this?"

If she was being honest with herself, she was still trying to process the fact that the boys were the Saints. She known them for so long, but they'd had this huge secret the whole time. Did I really know them? She wondered. They had killed a lot of people. They were famous; the whole country knew about them. But Victoria looked into Murphy's eyes, and he didn't feel like a different person to the one she knew. Neither did Conner.

She gave him a nod and a smile. "Yeah. Let's go."

————

Around an hour later, the three of them had made it to the steps of the police station. Victoria was beginning to get nervous. She knew this was the right thing to do, but she couldn't help worrying that the police wouldn't believe their story.

They slowly made their way up the stairs, Murphy supporting Connor, who was still unsteady after his huge fall. Victoria pushed the large door inwards and held it open for them.

They could hear people speaking in the next room. "They're scared, like little bunny rabbits. Anything with flashing blue lights is gonna spook 'em."

"I think they're talkin' about us." Connor chuckled, letting the door shut behind him.