CHAPTER 11: The Celebration

A simple birthday celebration are smoothly happening in grandmas place. I can see her surprised happy face while walking towards us with mother who’s assisting hands on her. She has graceful outfit that I guess mom's idea for her to wear and for the whole celebration we ate together with lots of laughter until they gave a prepared gifts that made her surprise.

“ Oh! I think its too much! But thank you!” She said sparklingly smiling. I take a deep breath when I noticed her eyes on me like she’s waiting for me to make a move and I found myself getting something on my pocket..the red card. I gave it to her with hesitation but its suddenly disappear seeing her face surprised with gratefulness!

“ Did you just made a card for me dear?” She asked while everyone on that house looking at me.

“ Nope. I saw that earlier outside of the house granny. I think someone left it for you.” I said while smiling.

“And…my gift is..not portable things to carried.” I added while twirling the pasta on my plate using fork.

“ So this is not coming from you?” She asked while looking at all of us like she’s startled for seeing the red card with a bit confused smile.

“ Wow! I think grandma had uninvited guest today and just left that card.” Said my brother. I saw her smile and take a deep breath.

“ this day is a bit different unlike before. I celebrated birthday in a normal days without a lot of delicious food like this one. My dream family celebration was not always granted because you lived far away from this place..” She looked at us. “ but Its okay, as long as you remember my special day that would bring so much happiness to me. Honestly, I have always received this red card many years past until now, and although I had a person in my mind I still didn’t make it sure but thanks to that person, it made me happy every time I received this red card.” She said with teary eyes that makes me bite my lip because of the emotions I can’t help to feel called sadness.

“ mom.” Said my mom while touching grandmas hand on top of the table.

“ I miss your dad so much. I know he would understand me why I am so happy today.” She started to cry and me too.

“ I’m so sorry I make my day so emotional Well.. I can’t help myself but to say thank you so much for this day. I hope you always here every time…every time I wanted.” She said. Mom and Uncle are now falling into tears and start hugging their mother.

“ I love you so so much mother and I’m so sorry too. I will make your wish come true from now on.” Said mom. I know we had no idea who’s the person behind the red card but I know that person seems special to her.

“ But who is that person on your mind mother?” Asked Mom. I stared to granny like waiting for her answer.

“ never mind dear. You will know one day, I think its not the right time for him to talk about.” She said with a bit smile.

We continue our great emotional moments until my brother’s phone rang so loud with annoying sound.

“ Would you change it Ralph what's so good with that growling sound?” Said mom but Ralph just smile while scratching his hair.

“ by the way, why you didn’t invite your friend?” Suddenly asked grandma while looking at me.

“ Hmm yes! Lester! “ said mom with surprise expression.

“ We are not close.” I just said and continue eating like who cares.

“ something wrong dear?” asked mother seeing my face expression When suddenly…
.
“ Hey grandma! You have a visitor! Come on man get inside!” Said my brother that makes me think hardly and look at him and startled to see Lester Klaus and his cousin Luke! I quickly chewed the food inside of my bloated mouth but I just cough and now drinking a lot of water.