CHAPTER 6: Confession

" Luke! Haha! You really came!" he hug his cousin who's got a surprised visit on their grandpas place. Lester have no idea that Luke totally agreed for his grandpas request this time at last.

" I was about to surprise you too Les..but I think I'm the one who's been surprised for grandpas wide paradise! Its so refreshing and so amazing!" Said Luke while wiping his wet hair.

" who is that guy?" He added seeing Ralph outside of the window taking selfies.

" Oh! He's my friend Ralph." Lester called him for a while to introduce himself to Luke then go back again taking videos.

" Where is the girl?" He asked for not seeing her around.
" Venus? Well I think she had a good time with grandpa, he likes her for having an interest in farming." He said.

" Really?" Luke chuckled.

"Why? something happened I guess?" He asked and Luke just scoffs.

" he told you how she slap me? I'm trying to help her but it turns out the way she think that its not fair! I didn't meant to hold her hips." He drank again his cold water and Lester just chuckled hearing his story.

" I didn't know that happened Luke." He said and take a deep breath.

" Is she really your friend? How long? She's pretty." He smile and open again the refrigerator and saw the delicious graham!

" Wow!" He said and quickly grab the big cleared Tupperware.

" Hey don't eat all of that!" Said Lester and grab it to his hand that makes Luke surprise.

" What?! " He asked with questioning eyes. Lester quickly took a small plate and place some graham for his cousin.

" Seriously? Is that all you can give to me?" He asked for disappointment seeing the few slices of grahams and now putting it back to the ref.

" are you going to eat that or I will put it back?" He asked. Luke just chuckled for his cousins reaction and just eat the grahams.

" you're so sweet Les. I wonder who's graham was that for?" He said with teasing smile when suddenly Lester's phone vibrates for a caller and excuse himself for a while.

<<<<<>>>>>

" Oh, i-I thought it was your late wife--." I stammered and look so confused to his sad pair of eyes.

" My wife was a great person and a loving partner. Honestly, I did so much terrible things when we are together back when we were young, my first love was our closest friend, she was so lovely, cheerful and a kind hearted person. But I was once a coward for not expressing my real feelings and decide to just kept it secret for myself and watched her lost and get married to someone else." He take a deep breath like he already accepted his loss with regrets in his eyes.

" So you didn't have a chance to at least tell your true feelings to her? And you didn't know if she had that feeling too? What if it comes out that way?" I asked for curiosity.

" you're right. I didn't have a chance to do that until I get this age of mine. And I don't want to ask her if she had that feeling too. I don't want to feel regretted again." He said.

I blow a harsh breath for what I've heard. Yes! That was so unbelievable how could a man let his loved one lost just like that when they don't really know or bother asked what's their feelings are? That remains questionable for this old man in front of me. Things gets complicated after they got both married to someone else! Which really don't have a chance to confess! What a waste of time!

" Do you feel the same thing until now?" I asked.

" Yes. I've always have this feeling, No changes." He said.
When suddenly a phone ring tone broke that moment and it was my brother. I excuse myself for that.