41. La Flor

Hey dolls! I couldn't reply to everyone but thanks for showing love & checking in last ch.  and saying hi! 🥹🫶🏽 i appreciate all my ogs and my new readers! make sure y'all follow me cause i post status updates frequently so y'all don't miss anything.

-

Joseph ran the pads of his fingers along the cool, streak free glass counter tops that encased a variety of fine jewels as he walked the inside perimeter of the jewelry store. He surveyed the pieces on display as he waited on his appointment with a jeweler, watching how the diamonds danced and sparkled under the bright white light of the store reflecting different colors depending on the angle he looked at them from.

It had been weeks since Joseph and Grace made their move to Miami. Their relationship had never known such peace until the move. Joseph was making more money than he ever had, raking in a staggering $300,000 a week utilizing his extensive list of clientele in New York adding to the Cuban Cartels list of buyers; more buyers meant a demand for more supply, which meant more money— a whole hell of a lot of more money. Grace was happy and adjusting well and in turn made Joseph happy. He was able to spend more time home now and life was starting to feel as normal as it would get, but they would take this normal over not at all.

This was Joseph's first time back home since the move. He meant it whole heartedly when he said there's nothing left for him in New York and he'd never look back, but today he'd made an exception for one special reason— ring shopping. Joseph had tracked down the most exquisite fine jeweler on the East Coast; making an appointment, calling his pilot to gas up the jet and shutting down the store for the day so he could design the dream ring for his dream woman.

Joseph could admit the first time around things were rushed but he felt as though he were only making up for lost times, and he couldn't lose Grace again. She's the love of his life, the air he breathes, his sunshine on a cloudy day, the anchor that kept him grounded. But he failed to realize she was no longer the same girl he'd left years ago, she was now a woman. It had been a pleasure re-getting to know the strong, ambitious, independent, outspoken woman she'd become— and it had been an even greater pleasure getting to fall madly in love with her all over again.

Joseph wanted to do things right this time, he wanted everything to be more meaningful and memorable and beautiful than the last time, and this time he was sparing no expense to pop the question again.

" Joseph," A short stocky man dressed in a suit called, appearing from the back of the jewelry store. " Marco Palosi," He greeted extending his hand for Joseph to shake. " I'll be helping you design your ring today,"

Joseph looked over his shoulder at Rich, nodding his head for him to follow them into the consultation room. Joseph was getting used to having Rich with him everywhere he went. The two men were learning to respect each other's boundaries when it came to the love they shared for the same woman though Joseph still found amusement in using Grace to get under her fathers skin from time to time.

They refrained from Rich coming around Grace too frequently besides on outings when they brought security in public, but Rich didn't mind— as long as he could see his baby girl from a distance and so far, the plan had been working well.

" Tell me about the lucky lady," Marco said as the men took seats at a polished wood desk. Marco grabbed a tray of an assortment of diamonds; all ranging in different sizes, shapes, colors and qualities placing the velvet tray in front of Joseph.

" Her name is Grace, she is the love of my life," Joseph stated as he stared at the diamonds. " We've been together for six years now,"

" I see," Marco said. " Time to finally pop the big question?"