White box with painted pink flowers

He was so Happy, he had Caterina and photos of Kate, he went straight to his room.

-Caterina remember me, want to keep me company girl? he took Caterina out of her carrier gave her a little kiss like Kate did, and placed her softly at his bed.

Sitting down in his bed, he saw the small photo album when Kate and her sister were kids, he took his time looking at Kate as a little girl, he could still see the resemblance, then he opened the box, the box was made of wood painted white with pink flowers, inside he saw memories of him and her, he held a cork and remembered when she said putting it in her purse, that she was going to save it to remember that summer night on vacation, he saw the flight stubs, zoo and theater stubs, clippings of him in the church weekly paper, and at the bottom of the box wrapped in pink silk fabric... it took his breath away... Kate's hair in a braid, held with pink rubber bands like he once put in her hair, he started to cry, her hair still had her scent, he never thought he could be touching her hair again, for a couple of seconds he felt her again, like she was there with him, he couldn't stop crying the pain of a year ago came to him so hard.

-oohhh, Kate, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I love you so much, I always loved you, never stopped loving you, my sweet, beautiful girl, I'm so sorry.

he went to bed thanking God for the gift of having something of Kate to remember her by.