Chapter 37

...

Next Day...

Irene woke up so early in the morning so she decided to prepare foods for breakfast, while she's preparing, Kate suddenly showed up in the kitchen.

"Ate Gemma..." Kate called one of their household helpers, Irene glance at her, she saw her looking at her phone and she's dressed, maybe she has errands today, she thought.

"Ma'am Kate, may kailangan ka po?" Gemma, one of their helpers replied, Kate looked at her as she nodded.

"Just please tell mama Imee na may pinuntahan ako, I also text her na, she's sleeping pa po kasi." Kate pleased the helper as she smiled at her.

"Sige po ma'am.." Gemma answered as she went back to what she was doing earlier. Kate was about to walk out, when the woman called her attention.

"Aren't you going to eat your breakfast? You can eat na.." Irene asked, looking at her. As much as she doesn't want to look back and answer her questions, she still respects her as a person.

"No, I'm good." Kate said coldly, she flashed a light smile and immediately exit the dining area. Irene just followed her with her eyes as she deeply sighed.

After minutes of preparing and waiting for the family to wake up, they've finally did. Everyone settled their selves but didn't start eating yet.

"Where's Kate, hindi ba siya sasabay saatin?" Imelda asked, she fixed her gaze to Imee and to Irene.

"U-um, h-hindi po ma. Umalis po ng maaga, she has errands to do po." Irene hesitantly said, Imelda wondered what could be Kate's errand early this morning.

"Ah yes, she text me mom.." Imee added, Imelda just nodded as a response since she cannot do something about it. She motioned everyone to start eating but cited the grace first.

Imee who has been so quiet the whole time, bothered the others, very unusual.

"Mom, are you okay?" Michael asked his mother, Imee is thinking so deeply.

"Imee.." Imelda calls her attention that made her startle, she immediately compose herself.

"M-mom, may sinasabi ka po?" Imee asked, stuttering. She's been thinking about what Irene confessed to her last night, in fact, she wasn't able to sleep well.

"You're spacing out, are you okay?" Imelda asked directly, Imee then looked at Irene who was already looking at her nervously.

"I-I am, I'm okay.." Imee assured them, she flashed a smile as she told them to continue eating.

After their breakfast, they've decided to stay in the living room to have their usual family bonding. Imelda is somehow frustrated because Kate is absent, again. But in her surprise, the door swung and reveal her apo with Greggy.

"Oh, you're here na!" Imelda exclaimed excitedly, finally they're able to do this again, this time, they're complete.

"Yes, sabi po kasi absent ako last time.." Kate professed as she looks at her cousins, the boys was the one who texted her about this certain casual event.