Chapter 19 - Aftermath

After the confrontation and when Kate already left, they also decided to go home. Irene is still frustrated on how Janella acted earlier, she didn't raise her to be like that. When they arrive, Irene hurriedly went inside the house.

"Mommy.." Janella calls her attention, Irene just ignored her since she was too tired to have a certain discussion.

"Mom." Janella exclaim as she held her wrist gently.

"Janella, not now please, I'm tired." Irene replied as she gently remove her wrist.

"Are you mad at me?" Janella ask softly, Irene shook her head.

"Then why are you ignoring me?" Janella ask hesitantly.

"I'm tired, please leave me alone for now." Irene answered, she was about to enter her room when Janella said something again.

"Are you ignoring me because I hurt your favorite daughter?" Janella ask, impassively which made Irene shock.

"What's with your sudden behavior Janella? Okay, I admit I am frustrated with the way you acted earlier. You shouldn't hurt her!" Irene said as she narrowed her eyes to her.

"Why? I just defend you ma!" Janella replied sternly.

"You don't have to defend me, because she didn't do something to me!" Irene convey loudly but calm.

"She made you cry! You cried, what do you expect me to do?" Janella retorted.

"It wasn't because she hurt me that made me cry, I just saw her! What do you expect for a mother to do if she saw her daughter after almost 4 years? She didn't hurt me, I hurt her! Now, could you please rest na." Irene told her as she fully entered her room and locked it. Janella left with no choice so she just went to her room also with full of annoyance.

...

Kate on the other hand just arrive in the hotel were they're currently staying, she compose herself before entering their room.

"Where have you been, Tori?" Stella immediately ask as soon as she saw her entering.

"Somewhere, I'm going to rest now, goodnight!" Kate replied and laid down right away as she cover herself with a blanket and sigh, recalling what just happened earlier.

Stella just let her since she can sense that Kate is not in the mood to talk.

Next Day...

Kate is currently doing some stuff on her laptop but she can't focus.

"Ano ba! Focus Alliana, focus!" She told herself as she sips in her coffee.

Her conscience with the way she acted towards her mother last night is hunting her.

"Nadala kalang, your feelings are valid, now focus." She consoles herself as she deeply sigh.

She started reading on her articles again, trying hard to understand it so she could think on her insights.

On the other side, Irene just woke up feeling the tiredness of her body, she doesn't want to open her eyes nor to move. She just again remember what happened last night, and it pains her remembering what Kate has said to her.

As soon as she open her eyes, she stare at the ceiling, zoning out. There, she remembered and realize how her daughter grow up, so fine and independent. She smile weakly while she recalls how beautiful and precious her angel was, yet there still a feeling of her wanting to see her again, wanting to hug her again, wanting to hold her hand again, but she thinks how could she even do that now? Knowing that her daughter hates her a lot.