Chapter 21 - Unexpected

When they arrived at Irene's house, Imee informs her sister about what she told her earlier, Irene nods and told her to just go to her room. Imee can't wait anymore so she told her that they'll talk now, Irene doesn't have a choice but to agree. So they head to Irene's room and immediately  went to the terrace of her room.

"So what are we going to talk ate?" Irene ask her, while figuring out and thinking what could her sister wants to talk about.

"It's about your daughter, aren't you going to attend her recognition? Moving up rather?" Imee ask calmly, looking at Irene as she sips on her glass of water.

Irene frowns, how could she even forget "When it'll be, ate?" She ask.

"Next week na, I want you to come with me in going home.." Imee contends, Irene looks at her hesitantly.

"What? Ayaw mo?" Imee ask her again.

"It's not that I don't want to attend her moving up ate, it's just that, next week it'll be also Janella's recognition.." Irene profess that made Imee looked at her, with frustration on her face.

"And so what? Don't tell me you're going to attend Janella's and not Kate's. Remember, you've been with Janella for 3 years, you've been attending her recognition every year. And now, I think you should choose your daughter naman." Imee told her, sternly. She can't believe that Irene will choose Janella over Kate, well she doesn't said that but it feels like it.

"I already promised.." Irene whispered, she doesn't know who will she choose.

"You also promised, hindi lang saakin kundi pati kela mommy." Imee replied, dismayed.

"What happened to you, Irene? I don't even know, baka nga mas importante na si Janella sayo kaysa sa tunay mong anak. You're being unreasonable and I'm so disappointed with your actions, Irene. The last time we talk, you told me mas mahal mo si Kate and now? With what you've said, you're just making me see that Janella is more important to you than your real daughter." Imee muttered, whispering. Irene was just looking at her, feeling the hurt of every words her sister is spitting.

"And if your illegitimate daughter really cares and not guilty at all, she'll understand na hindi lang siya ang may kailangan sayo. Kailangan karin ng anak mo, you kept on saying na hindi ka mapatawad ni Kate because of what you did, pero ikaw lang din ang nagbibigay ng rason kung bakit hindi ka niya dapat patawarin. I'm really disappointed with you, I should've bother coming and convincing your daughter kung sa huli hindi mo pala kayang panindigan ang mga sinabi mo." Imee said firmly as she stood up and leave Irene alone. It feels like Irene's heart were stab by a ton of knives, she's guilty. She can't help but to cry as the words from her sister keeps on repeating in her mind.

Irene just then laid down and cries herself to sleep, the next day, they woke up without feeling the presence of Imee. The kids were flabbergasted because they didn't saw Imee anywhere in the house.

On the other hand, Imee was already in the airport, still disappointed with what her sister has said last night. She's just waiting for her flight. Kate and the Manotocs already know that Imee is coming home today because they had a call last night after she and Irene talked. Imee also told Kate that Irene is still not sure if she can go home so she'll just be home earlier as expected because she needs to be in Senate. After minutes of waiting, the flight attendant already called their number for the flight, Imee immediately track the way towards the aircraft.

Manila, Philippines

"I told her, she shouldn't bother going nalang kasi hindi naman siya pupunta dito, tsk." Kate mocked inside her room, she's laying down on her bed.